cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation / PS5 / Gaming / Console

Farravi
Fledgling

Hello just purchased the 5g mobile broadband and my computer and mobile phone is connected to the internet but I’m having issues with connecting the ps5 as well as my streaming (Nvidia steam)box to the internet.  Both have issues with obtaining IP Address I believe. 

I’ve contacted the “technical team” and they brush me off saying I need to contact the manufacturer 🙄

Prior to getting three 5g mobile broadband I did not have any issues when I was using virgins broadband service until a few days ago. That service is now suspended and so I went for three mobile broadband service instead.

11 REPLIES 11
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Faz11T,

A lot of community members prefer to be able to update settings for themselves, but we do appreciate this isn't ideal for everyone.

If you did want to try this, then there's a bit more of a detailed step by step guide on this post. The linked instructions are for the Zyxel NR5103e, but we have ranged a few different routers, so the same settings usually will appear, but the layout may not exactly match the screenshots.

I'm sorry if you've been given the impression that there's not a solution for this where Three can help. If you'd rather not change the admin settings on your router, you can also get in touch with the Broadband team. Let them know that you've been having trouble with connecting device to your router, and that it looks like it's an IPv6 issue. The team should also be able to set up an IPv4 profile for you on their end, and that will more than likely fix this for you.

If you need this support from our teams, please use the contact us page. You can either start a chat, or use the numbers listed for the Broadband team.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Faz11T
Fledgling

I think the point is that this issue should be sorted by three or clearly advertised as an issue at point of purchase. For most people these so called step by step instructions are like another language