cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor home broadband and poor customer service

MPearson
Fledgling

On the 10th May 2023 i started to see issues with my home broadband speeds, My current provider is Three network on the home 5g broadband package.  

I normally get speeds of around 80mbps and have done since I first had the broadband installed in the 7th Feb 2022. 

The speeds that i am experiencing are now very poor and have been since i am now lucky to get 1mbps.

I decided to call the three support team on the 12th May 2023 who informed me that it's an ongoing issue with my local mast and would be fixed soon. I just need to wait and check the website for updates. 

After 6 weeks the website updated saying the network is ok again. I tested my speed and its still poor. 

I called the support again and we did the tests and checked all the normal IT checks that the technical team have you do and the result was that my router needs to be replaced. I was told that a new router will be sent out within a week. 

2 weeks later still nothing arrived so i called back and they said the order did not get processed correctly so they re submitted the order and this would be shipped out within a week

2 weeks later still nothing arrived for the second time. I called to see what was going on and I asked to cancel my contract as you have not provided internet for over 2 months now and still have no fix. I was now told that I would have to pay £150 to do this as I was still in contract until the 7th Feb 2024 and I had to pay the rest of the contract out if I cancelled. 

I informed them that i  am not willing to pay as i am not the one at fault here i am paying for a 5g broadband service which i am no longer getting form three and as you can not provide me the service that i am paying for or fix the issue i wish to leave without paying a exit fee 

I was then cut off from this call. I called again and this time was told that the last order for the replacement router was not processed and for the 3rd time  this time it will be and will be with me soon within the week . 

After yet another week the router has failed to arrive again for the 3rd time. I have tried to call three again but now the local Three phone signal is so poor that the person on the other end at three can not hear me and the line drops. I call from my mobile phone as I don't have a landline and my mobile is also with three network.

On the 9/07/23 I went and submitted a customer complaint and was informed that someone will be in touch within 7 days and no one has.Tracking ID 09072023-161616-000002   

During this time as I am unable to use any of my 5g home broadband I have had BT install Broadband on my home via the old trusted method of the landline that allowed me to contact three via online chat. I was on the chat today (17/07/23) for over 2hrs asking where the router is and if i can cancel it again was told that if i cancel this will now cost me £167 to leave again i informed them that i will not pay to leave a service that i am not getting this is no fault of my own doing. 

I then asked to be put over to a manager and after some time was not transferred to a manager i was sent over to technical support and yet again we did all the normal tests try this try that and still nothing works. I was told the rest a=sure that this will work this time and my speeds will improve in 30min i stayed connected to the chat for 30mins more and still nothing i was now told that i needed to restart my router and that this will now need some time with no ETA given on how long. So after 2hrs still no fix and i am still without the service i pay for.  

I am now getting fed up with this poor service and not getting anywhere. I have not been able to use any of my streaming services due to poor internet access. I have now had to take out the internet with another company just to get some service back to my home. This has gone on far too long and I don't know where to turn to next. 

17/07/23 I am now submitting another complaint via threes website. Asking them to cancel my contract as It is very clear that you are not able to provide the service i pay for and should cancel my contract free of charge.   Tracking ID 18072023-014949-000004

02/08/2023 Still not had any response from Three on my complaints that I submitted they say they will be in touch in 7 days so not the case. I still have poor speeds after leaving this for another 2 weeks even tho i was told it would be ok in 30mins plus. i am now submitting another complaint and asking for any help for the forum 

4 REPLIES 4
Geluk
Key player

You need to precis your posts; far too long to be read.

Avondale
Rising star

@MPearson 
You only hope of help here is if @JonathanB takes this forward for you. This is really a customer to customer forum for help and advice, but as you have already activated the complaints' procedure, you will need to wait for them to respond.   

Threlly
Involved

No response from @JonathanB 3 weeks and counting.
Absolutely typical Three service, your chances of being passed to somebody...anybody, who is willing to help or take action to help is less than zero.
The typical response is to turn any issue into a new job for you, one that consumes hours of YOUR time whilst they keep getting paid. The new rulebook.

Avondale
Rising star

But you were not the original poster @Threlly

We don't know if @JonathanB has responded privately to @MPearson ?