cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal / slow connection speeds - Godalming area - For last 3 weeks

earlswood26
Fledgling

I have the 3 Home broadband. The speeds for the last 3 weeks have been very poor 2 - 5 Mbps. Their website said there was an issue in the area. I finally got to speak with an "advisor" who said that a mast was faulty and service is expected to resolve in 10 days. That was over 14 days ago, The status checker says all is fine. But speed is still dismal. Is anyone else experiencing poor connection in this area? Or anyone else in the GU7 area who can comment on their speeds?

4 REPLIES 4
webspore
Fledgling

Yes I am experiencing this too. I don’t know what else to do. I am on Godalming High Street and have had speeds of 0.5 MB/s for weeks.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @earlswood26@webspore,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the speeds lately. We'd recommend to check our Network Status Checker in the first instance to help determine if this relates to planned work, or any local issues we're aware of.

It sounds like you're not seeing any issues on the checker @earlswood26? Have you been in touch with the Broadband team, if so what have they advised?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tyz90n9
Fledgling

Hi,

I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue, but after speaking with others in my area who use Three, it seems we're not alone. I live in Fulham SW6, and we've noticed the signal dropping from 5 bars to 1 over the past three weeks. The situation hasn't improved, and our broadband is getting disconnected up to five times a day whenever the signal is lost.

When we check the "Network Status Checker," it claims everything is perfect, but that's far from the truth.

It feels like Three isn't interested in addressing this, as their "fake" Network Status Checker insists everything is working fine, which clearly isn't the case. We should keep calling Three until they resolve this issue in our area. Hopefully, a moderator will bring this to their attention.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

It's tricky to tell what it could be that's causing the issues you're having. If it's some kind of mast fault, the team would usually pick that up. It's possible somethings been missed. 

If the system hasn't detected and highlighted the issue on it's own, reports from users would be the next source of discovering where there are issues. It isn't something that can be reported from here, but since you're already spoken to the team about the issue, it will have been logged, even though they were unable to verify the issue when you spoke to them.

I hope it gets sorted soon and you're back up and running again.  

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.