cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PHONE socket on 5G home broadband hub

AbbeyRoad
Fledgling

What handset (brand, model) can I connect to PHONE socket on the back of ZTE MC801A?

10 REPLIES 10
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, From what I have read the RJ11 phone port on the ZTE MC801A is disabled by Three as they do not offer a home phone service with their home broadband.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's correct, we don't currently support phone services on our routers. I'll be happy to raise feedback if it's a feature that many customers would like to take advantage of, but as of now I'm only aware of the subject being raised a couple of times.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

SteveA
Active

We recently moved and BT could not transfer our landline number so we lost it. I decided to get the Three 5G router instead of BT and up to now have been highly delighted (even though the 5G signal is patchy, but the 4G is OK and so I hope they expand 5G in to our area - Blyth, Notts) Even though we have mobile phones I miss a static 'land line' as I never have the mobile with me when it rings in the house and so I would like the option of plugging in a phone to the router. I hope it can be considered.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SteveA,

We'll certainly give this suggestion consideration, unfortunately there's only a few people that have posted to ask for landlines though. It very much seems to be on the way out, but we'll definitely consider if there were a high number of customers making the suggestion too.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

enyijesus
Fledgling

I have the 5G home broadband too. It is truly dis-satisfying that there is no land line service with the router.... I will be happier to have it configured. It is definitely a good to have. Please three should make it happen.

SteveA
Active

Hello @Jonathan, thank you for getting back to me.  I have only just seen the response notifications as Google gmail has been putting the emails from the forum into the spam folder unbeknown to me.  I have marked them all a non-spam so hopefully I will be aware and not oblivious in the future.Yes, I hope you can set a 'land-line' option which I believe BT do.  Being of a certain age, I do not carry my mobile around (I forget!) and still prefer a 'standard' land line type of phone.Many thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No worries @SteveA, we've had a few reports of spam blocks from some email providers. I've taken some steps on our side to help reduce this, and as more customers join the community and confirm the notifications aren't spam this should stop.

I'll pass the feedback on, and hopefully we can supply a service in the future if there's sufficient demand.

Thanks,
Jonathan

SteveA
Active

Just for info, Google were still putting emails from Three into their spam folder.  I have repeatedly clicked that they are not spam.  We will see what eventually happens.

Any update on the 'Landline' option?

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @SteveA,

Just to clarify are you having issues with all emails from Three, or specifically those generated by the community platform?

In terms of landline support I have mentioned this feedback, but there doesn't seem to be a terribly high demand. I'll certainly keep tracking whether this begins to trend more though. I wouldn't expect it to be something we'd implement in a short term timescale as there's a lot of other technology updates and upgrades going on at the moment.

Thanks,
Jonathan