cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running network attached storage through a ZTE M801 5G hub

mb21uk
Fledgling

I have a Synology network drive attached to my network switch which derives broadband from a ZTE MC801A 5G hub. The drive is perfectly accessible to my local network but cannot be accessed externally from the WAN. Normally this would be a simple matter of setting up the appropriate port forwarding in a router but I cannot figure out how to do it successfully in the ZTE. Ideally I need web and FTP services running. Can anyone help please? 

1 REPLY 1
elarry
Regular

I came across your post when looking for some clues for my port forwarding problems.

I have the same router. I wanted to reach my Raspberry Pi from outside my home network. In the router set-up, port forwarding is in Advanced Settings - Firewall - Port Forwarding. Although it looked fairly straightforward to set up, the port was still shown as closed on CanYouSeeMe.org and YouGetSignal.com. Restarting the router didn't help, either. I did the same on Virgin's SuperHub 3 before and it worked fine.

A post on the Three Irish Community Forum suggests that Three Ireland didn't provide port forwarding to home broadband users until not long ago. However, I just called Three UK Customer Services and they confirmed that they do support port forwarding. They asked me to contact the router manufacturer...🙄