cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

macko
Fledgling

I have the broadband hub and have been with Three for quite a few years, has always been decent enough for me but the past few days I am maxing around 2.5 Mbps download but with around 80 Mbps upload, oddly enough my phone which is on iD (who are on the same network) are also having similar issues, rang customer services regarding the hub and I received the everything is fine, no problems reported but 'call back in 7 days, here's a fiver' which I have seen quite often now.

iD, regarding my mobile and it's equally awful download speeds have said the same, 'ring us back in a few days if it isn't fixed.'

Anybody else having this ? I'm based in Liverpool.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @macko,

Sorry to hear that your connection has been letting you down lately. It sounds like a local network issue if this is affecting your Broadband and an iD mobile connection. It's a bit strange to hear that you'd be told everything is fine, but to be offered a credit. There was definitely no mention of a known issue we're working on? If you check our Network Status here, does that confirm if we're aware of a problem?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
macko
Fledgling

nb. I should add that my phone's speeds I recorded was whilst I had it's wifi switched off and only used it's cellular data! 

Possy67
Regular

My data speeds have been bad for ages now, used to have 4G 30+mbps downloads and about 20-30 upload, but for nearly a year now best I am getting is 5mbps download and 2-4mbps upload and same old nothing wrong with the network locally or nationwide response from three support C/S 

Neurone
Regular

You're probably in the same boat as me, I'm in South Liverpool.
They've chopped the infrastructure but user contention has grown.
They essentially told me 'tough'.
Keep paying and put up with it, not happy? cancel your contract.

That's it.

I'm cancelling, sick of them. Fibre is here now, so I can get 1gig up and down !!!! for only a tenner more.
It's a no brainer.
When it comes to bad service Three make BT Openreach look like amateurs.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @macko,

Sorry to hear that your connection has been letting you down lately. It sounds like a local network issue if this is affecting your Broadband and an iD mobile connection. It's a bit strange to hear that you'd be told everything is fine, but to be offered a credit. There was definitely no mention of a known issue we're working on? If you check our Network Status here, does that confirm if we're aware of a problem?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

macko
Fledgling

Hi all, many thanks for your replies.

I was offered a credit of around 5 pound. Issue is I took my router to another address today (about 4 miles from mine) and lo and behold the speeds were great again. I rang customer services to report this to highlight the fact that it is an issue with my local area. I was told basically that there is a chance that this problem won't be going away anytime soon and was told I could leave immediately without any cancellation fees (still had 1 and 1/2 years left on my contract). So I took him up and now I'm no longer with 3.

3 was the best service I could get due to some bizarre issues with landline/fibre set ups and whatnot, and have to say for the past few years the speeds I have been getting have been great.

Shame it's come to this, but there you go!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @macko,

I'm sorry to hear this is the outcome, but glad to hear the team came to a reasonable conclusion of waiving the fees. It's disappointing when coverage reductions happen, but we're continuing to invest in our infrastructure. Hopefully by the time you end your agreement with your next provider, we'll have made some substantial improvements in your area.

Thanks,
Jonathan