cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square WPS button light colours on Zyxel NR5103E

Limera
Active

Hi All,

As far as I know, for as long as i've had the Zyxel NR5103E, the square WPS button on the front of the device has always had a green light framing it.  What colour is yours showing and what do the colours represent?  This past few days i've seen it red and as I write it is yellow.  Has a minor patch changed something?  This week i've had some issues with my connection in general, barely holding onto weak 5g and often dipping out to 4g which isn't it's usual behavior but I don't know if that is relevant to this WPS button frame colour.  I've never so much as set up a device using WPS so it's nothing i've done with WPS settings.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Limera,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've sent you a PM now to get you in touch with some colleagues that ought to be able to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

13 REPLIES 13
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Limera sorry I just saw that you'd already answered @Bob, thanks for confirming this! 🙂

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Limera
Active

Hi @Bob , was just dabbling with turning my own WPS off and noticed that if you don't have the "Keep the same settings for 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks" option ticked, but want to ensure WPS is off for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels, then the menus are a bit clunky.

You need to go to Network Settings - Wireless - General and select the 2.4GHz band then go to the WPS tab and switch off and apply WPS, then go back to Network Settings - Wireless - General and select the 5GHz band then go to the WPS tab and switch off and apply WPS once again.  This disables it for both.

Tommo501
Fledgling

good morning all - i have had mine for a little ov er a week now and it was Green after the initial setup for some time - i made some connections with other devices (a Ubiquiti UDR) and  the green light is no more. we had a power failure for around an hour and when the power resumed the green light was on again - everything booted back up and was working fine, now toiday the light has been extinguished. any ideas??

John T

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Tommo501,

Have you noticed any issues with the connection itself like @Limera mentioned? Have you tried a factory reset, or been given any advice from customer services?

Thanks,
Jonathan