cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MC801A Dropping Out

hb90
Fledgling

I have had Three 5g broadband since March 2023, with a ZTE MC801A router. To start with it was fantastic and I was getting 400+ download speeds. A month or so ago I noticed a slight decrease in speed along with some lag. But I just put this down to the weather. A few weeks ago my internet started cutting out 3/4 times a day. Each time, all lights on the router remained on. The internet would come back eventually if just left, but would come back immediately if I switched the router on and off again.

I spoke to a Three advisor today, who was completely unhelpful. Initially put it down to me being on a rolling contract? He did a refresh remotely which somehow slowed my download speed down to 25-35 download! 
He said my options were a new sim, or just cancelling my broadband! I don’t see how a new sim is going to fix this issue, and I mentioned how many known issues there are with this router but it was just ignored.

So, now I’m waiting for a new sim…not sure how much good it’s going to do!

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @hb90,

I'm sorry to hear that the speeds and connection have been letting you down recently. Has the new SIM arrived in the meantime, has this made any difference? Let me know if you still need any help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.