cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Network Issues

CantorXC
Fledgling

Is anyone else experiencing inconsistency with their home 5G router?

Having enjoyed 300+mbps in download speed, and 70+mbps upload for the last year or so, in the last couple of weeks it has not only dropped to under 15mbps regularly, but when my partner joins the network, it drops to 0.2mbps.

I have unlimited data, no sudden increase in the number of devices on the network (and I'm under the max number of devices), and there is a clear line of sight to the nearest mast (it's just under a mile away, and I can see it from the window where the router is mounted).

Tried several restarts, but the problem keeps recurring.

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CantorXC,

I'm sorry to hear that the speeds have been letting you down lately. Have you been able to check our Network Status for your area to see if we're aware of any issues?

Thanks,,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

CantorXC
Fledgling

The Three network checker is adamant that there’s nothing going on in my postcode, but I’ve been having problems for a couple of weeks now.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming this @CantorXC,

Have you been in touch with the Broadband team? You'll find a number on the Contact Us page. They should be able to run more detailed diagnostics against the local network and your connection in case the Network Status checker is missing something.

Let me know if they're able to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.