cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G & SKY Q, GLASS or STREAM

NP69
Fledgling

Hi people, 

I was wonder if there are any SKY users on Three 5G who have no problems with on demand content? I'm referring to the problems of Remote Server Connection, Failed Downloads, downloads starting and freezing at 1%.

For some months I have been having these problems like a lot of users. I have contacted both companies and no one seems to be able or want to help. SKY said they have problems and have no intention of attempting to fix the problem. Three just say try the usual copy and paste stuff.

My Apple TV and Sonos speakers work fine without problems.

My 5G setup is a ProRoute NR 550 industrial 5G router and Bluespot 4x4 mimo outdoor antenna with direct line of site to the only 5G tower across the field. If anyone would like to know why I chose this router its because I can hide it in a cupboard, connect 4 outdoor antenna and turn off the wifi as I have the house wired and use Ubiquiti ceiling mounted hotspots.

I have a Three unlimited data plan for £16 month.

If anyone has Three and SKY and are problem free then I'd be very interested in knowing what router you have. Would I be better of upgrading to Three home broadband with their own router or just ditching the lot and going for a land land again with its backward speeds, we have no FTTP here yet.

Looking forward to input and maybe possible help.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Peter_L
Active

Hi NP69, I am using Three 5G Home Broadband for a couple of months and I have no issues at all with streaming services like Netflix, Apple TV+ or Discovery +. I hope this helps 🙂 I have no Sky services so I am not able to tell regarding this.

nsmhd
Regular

I’m using Three’s 5G home broadband with the provided Zyxel NR 5103e router and have had similar issues with Sky Q which I put down to the 5G connection not being great in the evenings due to congestion (high latency). 

it could well be there is an issue with Three’s connection to Sky’s CDN network. 

saintalan
Fledgling

Has anybody had any luck making Sky Q work with the Zyxel> I keep on trying even managed to get a sKy engineer out whho couldnt resolve it. It is very annoying!

Cheers

Alan

Dazzar
Established

@NP69 @I had horrendous problems until I changed the dns on my mesh system to either 1.1,1,1, or 8.8.8.8 which resolved it