cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Broadband Issues S63 *** Rotherham

neil43641
Regular

Issue with Three Broadband this weekend - postcode S63 ***. It started on Friday afternoon. Extremely slow speeds of around 1Mbps when it's normally around 150Mbps.

I have a SMARTY mobile account on my phone that exhibited exactly the same issue when running on mobile data at the same postcode, so obviously not an issue with my Three Home Broadband equipment.

Network status checker on Three website was reporting no issues in my area when there clearly was. It went back to normal on Sunday evening. This has happened on four occasions this year, and on each of the four occasions the issue lasted for two or three days.

Obviously with my home broadband being with Three and my mobile SMARTY I had no internet. Tomorrow that will change by me migrating to GiffGaff for my phone account. Unfortunately I'm locked-in to Three for my home braodband until June 2025.

Any ideas as to why this keeps happening? The Three mast is about one mile from me on the top of a hill with clear line of sight to it from the router location.

1 REPLY 1
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @neil43641,

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues getting connected over the weekend.

I've used the postcode provided to check out the area, but I also can't see any reported issues or work going on near the area that could be causing this.

I'd recommend getting in contact with our Home Broadband support team as they'll be able to run some further checks and troubleshooting on the router. 

You can give the team a call at 0333 338 1003 or start a live chat

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.