cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Broadband router doesn't work with certain devices - Sangsung tv and kindle

jmcivor
Fledgling

Hi - I have been having trouble getting some devices to connect to the Three broadband router (Three 5G Hub NR5103E V2), the devices that don't connect are a Samsung Sheriff tv and my kindle - does anyone know why these devices won't connect? I am able to connect these devices to the internet when I hotspot my phone, so there is no issue with the devices so it must be the broadband router. 

Any help to fix the issue would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

7 REPLIES 7
Robinsonl89
Fledgling

We had this issue with a couple of devices, including a Samsung TV. Try splitting your router (from the app) to have 2 different connections, 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz, name them differently, I just added the number to mine. You do this in the WiFi tab. 

jmcivor
Fledgling

Thanks - I tried that and managed to get the tv to connect. But this has a knock on effect that most other devices no longer connect to the internet. I tried re-signing in etc on each device but can’t seem to get a signal except on my mobile.

I’ve tried resetting the broadband hub, but it’s hasn’t fixed the issue. The two lights in the middle (there are 4 lights in total) are now permanently blue. Not sure what this means.

Any ideas?  

Robinsonl89
Fledgling

Oh I see. 

blue lights are good, means excellent signal/connection.

jmcivor
Fledgling

The hub works when i connect my laptop through an ethernet cable, it seems that it's the wifi that has an issue! 

Robinsonl89
Fledgling

Definitely something wrong. 

I have posted a thread this morning about apps logging me out all the time or saying I have no internet. I know it’s the WiFi/hub as if I turn WiFi off I don’t have the issue.

Sveet
Fledgling

same problem with me my tv my printer my desktop, router name not coming in list all my neighbour net name coming in list axpt mine one. i called so many time three helpline they only waist my time reset router do this do this etc. connect with manufacture of tv desktop etc our router is ok 

any way i cancelled the contract and going to switch to other network 

Furious
Regular

I share your pain!