cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband

dksglen
Active

Hello everyone. 
I moved into a property nearly a year ago and purchased 3 home broadband (4g) with the ZTE (old one ) and it’s quite a poor wireless range. 
2 questions. As there are no parental controls on it, is there anyway of updating to the newer router (happily pay a small fee)? 
Or has anyone purchase and can recommend their own router? 

5G isn’t an option as it only works from a few hundred yards away. 

Another strange issue is if I go to the Three Home Broadband site, it now tells me that home broadband is coming soon to my area. I’ve been using it for a year 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey dksglen,

Welcome to the community! As Dan says we would only replace the router through an upgrade. Although if you did source a suitable 3rd party router or a used Three one, there's not anything that actually locks your Three SIM to a particular router/model. If you do go down this route, make sure the router isn't locked to another UK network though.

On the other message about broadband not being available in the area right now. This is tied into a failsafe check we perform so that your area doesn't become congested. What we're saying there is, we can't connect new lines until the network is upgraded in the area, but don't worry, you wouldn't be restricted if you changed your mind and contacted the team to arrange an upgrade as this wouldn't be adding new connections to that area. 

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
DanC
Employee
Employee

There would be a parental lock on the account unless you have asked it to be removed, you can add it back though 

Was it a 12 or 24 month contract you took as you can always upgrade early by paying off the rest of the commitment with a small discount and then get a newer box if this was an option for you?

dksglen
Active

Thanks for the reply. I’ve no wish to upgrade and recontract again, I’ll be moving back to fixed broadband when my deal with three runs out. Would just like to change the router if possible. 
Parental lock, thanks but that not the issue is more the time settings I require to be able to control. 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey dksglen,

Welcome to the community! As Dan says we would only replace the router through an upgrade. Although if you did source a suitable 3rd party router or a used Three one, there's not anything that actually locks your Three SIM to a particular router/model. If you do go down this route, make sure the router isn't locked to another UK network though.

On the other message about broadband not being available in the area right now. This is tied into a failsafe check we perform so that your area doesn't become congested. What we're saying there is, we can't connect new lines until the network is upgraded in the area, but don't worry, you wouldn't be restricted if you changed your mind and contacted the team to arrange an upgrade as this wouldn't be adding new connections to that area. 

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Evadnefelosial
Regular

Time they can be on wifi? That might be easier to control with the devices themselves. Alot of devices have the option to add parental controls directly to them like Google family