cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three won't send me a jiffy bag to return the 5G router

LetMeCancel
Fledgling

I signed up for 5G Home broadband in March and at the beginning it was great, fast internet but from mid April I started having connection issues and sometimes it was really slow and I have to keep re-booting the router or sometimes I wouldn't have any internet for a whole day.

I reached out to Three live chat for help but they always fobbed me off by saying there's engineering work going on in my area and it will soon be fixed, this went on for a month and eventually I contacted the live chat to cancel my contract in May and they said they will cancel the contract free of charge (since I have the first 3 months free offer) as long as I return the device to them within 5 working days.

I waited for the jiffy bag but it never arrived so I contacted them on 1st June and they said they'll raise another request to send another one out and again on 8th June, another request but obviously nothing arrived in the post.

I contacted them again on 20th June and raised a complaint, this time they said they will send a DPD label via email and I should receive it within 16 hours - which I still haven't received, so I contacted them again on 21st June and they said it shows on the system that the email was sent so it's strange I haven't received it, so it sounds like they're blaming me for it!

I contacted the social media webchat this morning and they said they will contact the back end team to get this sent out manually. She was not helpful at all, I asked her to just cancel my account because I don't want to be charged for something I'm not using but she refused and said she has already contacted the back end team and I should wait for her email update.

Why is it so difficult to return the router!?

5 REPLIES 5
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @LetMeCancel 

I appreciate you're frustrated, and I understand what you're saying. 

When you've spoken with my colleague in the Social Media team, they will be dealing with this for you moving forward to ensure all action is taken. 

Thanks,

John D

Liamb11
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB @JohnD 

I’m now receiving threatening text messages to return my 5G hun despite never receiving a returns bag… I’m now on holiday until 24/05/24 and they’re demanding it be returned by 29/05/24. 

Please can you help?

I can see hundreds of people in the same boat on here as me so I’m inclined to go to the regulator Ofcom to make a formal complaint. 

Here is the Chat ID#b3430934-2209-45b9-aad4-89cb0e33ff2d which demonstrates I cancelled my agreement more than a month ago. 

keithash
Regular

Hi, you are not alone three are repeat offenders on returns.

Lindavid6
Fledgling

I was told about a return label email as well , the next day was told no such service, been trying to get a return bag/ label for a month, never again, leave the country next week, going to leave box at a store !

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lindavid6,

I've spotted you've posted on a few threads about this. I'm really sorry, this sounds very frustrating to deal with. I've replied to your PM to get you in touch with more help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.