cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN

AX
Active

I've had 5G Three Home Broadband since January 2022 and it has all worked fine until May 2023.  Since then apart from a generally unreliable network connection and reduced speeds, my main gripe has to be connecting to my works VPN.  I just cannot make a reliable VPN connection - even when the general state of the network seems fine.

The upload speed on VPN is so low it is unusable. While not connected to VPN the speeds may show 30Mbps download & 8Mbps upload.  When connected to VPN the upload speed drops to less than 0.5Mbps. 

I can use the same laptop in another location using a different broadband provider with no discernible reduction in speed when connected to VPN.  Anyone else experienced this and found a resolution ? Thanks.

33 REPLIES 33
AX
Active

Forgot to mention, I'm using the HUAWEI 5G CPE Pro 2 router.

Avondale
Rising star

What VPN are you using ? 

If you search for VPN on this forum, you will find lots of inconsistencies in how they behave with Three 5G Broadband.  

AX
Active

Thanks. The VPN client software is Check Point Mobile on Windows 11.  It worked without any problem prior to early May 2023. 

Avondale
Rising star

Can't help if that's the case. My employer uses Cisco AnyConnect. 

Have you checked this forum for solutions in connection with Check Point Mobile ? 

And do Check Point Mobile have a forum or FAQs that might help ? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a few discussions cropping up about issues using VPNs over Three Broadband connections recently. I'm sending everyone that has mentioned this so far a PM so that we can get you in touch with some colleagues that will verify your accounts, and gather more info to help us investigate.

If you're experiencing this issue but haven't posted yet, please add a reply so that I can get in touch, the more examples I can gather, the easier it should be for our support teams to pinpoint what's causing the issues.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

boydc91
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, I've also recently been experiencing issues connecting to VPN using my 5G Hub. Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @boydc91,

I'll send you a PM now so we can gather more info

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Duncankerridge
Fledgling

Hi, I’ve been having trouble connecting using my phone to NordVPN for the last couple of days.  Connects fine on wifi, but will not connect on 4G.  Has worked fine for months, just stopped connecting two days ago.

monty_uk
Fledgling

Hi I'm also seeing drop outs whilst connecting via VPN. I'm using f5