cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAN DHCP Lease of only 120 seconds

o1oyxjdk
Fledgling

I have setup a ZTE router in bridge mode. I am getting WAN DHCP lease from Three for only 120 seconds. This is too short to not be an error. I wanted to ask whats the normal WAN DHCP lease time from Three broadband?

6 REPLIES 6
o1oyxjdk
Fledgling

Can the mods please help?

Did you ever get this one sorted?  I think I have the same problem, but have already switched off IPv6, so it's not that...

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RedSnowDonkey,

Are you using the three.co.uk or 3internet APN on IPv4 only? You should generally get better results for Broadband on the 3internet APN.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

RedSnowDonkey2
Fledgling

3internet on Cellular APN and IPv4 setting under "PDP Type" (same tab), right?  I was using "open.internet" as an APN (as seemed to have lower speeds with the default), but now I've put those values in, my admin page won't stay open for more than a minute and I'm getting "This site can't be reached" intermittently...!

...and my router's IP lease is still only lasting 10 minutes...

(BTW, I got locked out of my original ID as it thinks it's linked to my daughter's phone - hence the change of IDs!)

A reboot sorted out the intermittent admin page (it appears), but I'm still only getting a 10 minute lease time (with 3internet and IPv4 only)... Is there something else I should try, perhaps?  Thanks.

DarrenJackson
Fledgling

Turn off IPv6 in APN. Stick with IPv4 only. The IP address will stick then.