cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling intermittent. Using 3 mobile broadband

dpalex99
Fledgling

Hi, in the last few months we have been having an issue with our WIFI calling not working intermittently. Its has worked fine before this since we got the broadband 18 months ago. We have 2 phones, one Apple and one Samsung device and are on the latest SW, both on smarty. The devices and sims have not changed . Rebooting the WIFI router and phones sometimes rectifies the fault but only for a short time.

No phone signal in the house, but good signal on roof where we have the mobile broadband

The router is supplied by 3 and its a ZTEMF268D on the latest SW wit a 3 sim

Good signal strength -84 to-93dB

approx. 50mB download and 20mB upload.

Can anyone explain this or have an solution to our issue

3 REPLIES 3
Paddiewack
Superstar

I have no solution just an observation. We too have broadband from Three and one Apple and one Nokia contract phone. How are you getting a mobile signal to your router and not your phones? Can’t be right. And don’t forget WiFi calling which I make use of all the time at home is only activated automatically by your phones in cases where the signal is poor. Unless I’m misreading your post (in which case I apologise) you have a situation whereby your router and phones are on the same network (Smarty is owned by and runs on the Three network) and one gets a signal and the other two devices don’t. I would be checking the network settings on your handsets.

Steveant
Fledgling

I've had exactly the same problem from.this exact ZTE unit and not recieving notifications off some apps, hours on the phone

The tech operative questioning me as if I was lieing continually

Must of spent 6 or more hours arguing this,

Paddiewack
Superstar

Lol I’m absolutely approaching this on the assumption you’re not telling porkies. As I’ve said previously on this thread I use WiFi calling all the time at home on my iPhone 12 because of poor coverage and have had  zero issues. Suggest you try resetting your device’s network settings.