cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MC801A ROUTER

TS
Regular

The ZTE 5G MC801A router is not fit for purpose, I have just had a free replacement and will see how it performs. The main issue is with online banking apps security

• 5G
7 REPLIES 7
Nyotengu
Regular

Is it failing to log in? Are you having issues with streaming services as well or your mail accounts desyncing from mail apps on phones or tablets?

Because I am also in the same boat.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TS,

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting on with the router. Can you let us know a bit more about the issues you've been running into with it? We'll do our best to help, but we'll need a description of the issues you've been facing to investigate further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

stevekn
Involved

There is a long long thread on the ZTE modem dropping the internet whilst keeping a good 5G signal.

Internet comes back eventually but...

A re-start immediately re-connects.

A known problem which non-support ( both Three and ZTE ) are ignoring.

hb90
Fledgling

The same thing is happening to me. After an unpleasant conversation via Live Chat with someone from Three, they are sending me a replacement sim for the router. Not convinced this is going to help, but the only other option the Three advisor gave me was to cancel. 

hb90
Fledgling

Are you able to help me, too? The Three advisor I just spoke to did not want to help and I think would have preferred if I just cancelled my Three broadband.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @hb90,

I've dropped you a reply on the thread you created, let's continue the conversation over there: ZTE MC801A Dropping Out 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

stevekn
Involved

Customer service didn't want to know Q

I got so fed up, asked to be put through to engineers ( in India)

after a discussion, and with no hope of a fix, they immediately ( within 10 minutes!) cancelled my account and waived the outstanding contract fee.

No written confirmation"

Took several "chats" to confirm cancellation ( by downloading chat !)

even more to get a return label. A complete customer (non-)service failure.

Now happily have Hyperoptic 500Mb fibre, and its is cheaper, with no increases whilst in contract.