Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New customer" prices

RMS
Fledgling

Hi,

I've been a Three customer for a few years, with mobile phone SIMs then nearly 2 years ago with 4G Home Broadband.
When I started 4G Home Broadband I got a 'special' price for existing customers (£17/month).
Now my 24 month contract is coming to an end, I can't find any offers for existing customers, but only the standard £20/month or the  £10/month for 6 month offer for new customers!

I wonder what Three class as a 'new customer'? I could drop back and just use my back-up Plusnet landline broadband for a month or two, or longer if needed (only 2Mb/s though as no fibre here), then re-apply to Three as a new customer to get their offer, but I can't find anywhere in their T&C about when they consider someone a 'new customer'.

Has anyone been through something similar, or can point me to any info covering this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Car insurers had to stop treating new and existing customers differently so when will the competition authorities step in. My loyalty is price based so best deal gets my business. I changed from EE because of poor service as well as the exorbitant upgrade cost.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey RMS,

I don't think you would need to do anything as drastic as leaving and coming back. I'm not aware of any restriction to the £20/month with 6 months half price that require you to take it as a "new" customer.

Can you tell us where you were given information suggesting that you have to be a new customer?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

moods
Active

I have seen it on various price comparison sites and USwitch. I am also an existing broadband customer and was thinking on the same lines if I will have to switch from Three to a different provider. Second thing is my Three phone account should not be treated separately from broadband.