cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Impossible to Pair with Three

Nadeem1
Fledgling

For the past 2 days I've been bounced around Three's Support Network with no solution to a somewhat simple issue. It seems like the "Technical Support" team and even the "Senior Technical Support" team have no clue as to how to fix an Apple Watch Network Pairing issue. Instead of helping with getting the watch's cellular working they started reading me Settings to change on my iPhone which are completely unrelated to my watch. I have had to unpair/factory reset my watch about 5 times as apparently that will fix the issue. Now to the issue at question:

When activating the cellular service on my Apple Watch, I cannot get past the login page as I keep getting "There's a problem, At least one of the fields is wrong" even though all the fields are filled and correct. I have been stuck at this for ages and for sometimes I get through to the "Our Plan" page which says that "You've already purchased this plan" and asks me to "Activate Now". After clicking this button, it sends me to another error "There's a problem, System Error." 

Now it's a shame that there is no support the "Technical Support" team can give to a growing group of users who use smart watches and want to connect to Three. If a company is charging £7 to pair cellular service to a smart watch then it should work seamlessly and have a support sector who can help if needed. I think the infrastructure should be built out, tested on and validated before it is allowed to be used by consumers. If a service can't handle a watch unpairing because the IMEI's are the same (as I have read in other forum posts) then that service isn't ready to be released, let alone ask users to pay for it.

If someone can help me get this sorted, please can you reach out as I am considering changing providers.

18 REPLIES 18
Trekkie101
Regular

This is exactly my experience - occasionally I make it as far as “system error” and it can’t pair. 

I had it working last week on my old phone and watch, moved to the new and now it will not pair for anything. 

daschles
Regular

same for me and my wife. very frustrating and poor service

Lukeapricey
Active

Very well said!  
I’m in the same boat.  New Apple Watch, existing smartphone pairing addon which now doesn’t work on said new watch.  Three shouldn’t really be able to get away with this - it’s blatant fraud and dishonest.  I can’t believe their tactic is simply to ignore the issue.  You can see evidence of this right here on this community - every thread about failed smartwatch pairing is being ignored currently.  I’d like an update from Three, surely somebody is working on this?! 

Cpbasso
Active

I’m fuming. 3 or 4 days now I’ve had various errors, seemingly randomly changing every now and then. The support team is clearly incapable of this. In a single day I’ve had two eSIMs added to my phone, unpaired my watch about 6 times, made it through to 2nd line tech support who assured me it would be magically fixed in half hour (shocker, it wasn’t) and one advisor was insistent I didn’t have the addon despite me stating multiple times I could literally see the addon on my account. Seems each advisor is completely incompetent and just stumbling through a half hearted attempt to help. It’s even more infuriating how many other people are having this issue and how long it’s been going on without a fix.

Cesca
Regular

Same issues and for a longer period. They (3) don’t have a clue how to resolve it.

daschles
Regular

My wife and I just cancelled the add-on as neither of us could get it to work despite many calls and many hours (cancelling itself is a terrible experience as agents insist one has to do it oneself in the app, but it can't be done in the app. -- Three clearly gives agents no training or tools at all). We may try again with the addon after a billing cycle passes... or may be we just forget it and Three is out the revenue. 

Lukeapricey
Active

Exactly what I did!  I don’t think I’m even going to bother trying to re pair the watch for the data plan again because they don’t deserve the custom.  I doubt it’ll work if I try to reapply it anyway! 

in terms of cancelling the smartwatch pairing, it took me over an hour on the phone!  Webchat on both occasions was a joke and one customer advisor hung up on me then finally someone cancelled the add on but kept me on hold for half an hour trying to do it.  

tommytran672
Regular

Hi, 
After 2 days of trying, I got it to work. 
Issue: "THERE IS A PROBLEM"
"one of the fields is missing"

Solutions:

1. "Watch" > "General" > "Software Update"
  2. Charge your Apple Watch while trying to pair on your iPhone. Also, try without charging and leaving it to charge for a bit.
  3. Change password to only letters and numbers.
  4. "Settings" > "Safari" > "Clear History and Website Data".
  5. Try throughout the day, but night seems to work more often from anecdotes. (10pm, midnight, 1am, etc.)
tommytran672
Regular

Hi, 
After 2 days of trying, I got it to work. 
Issue: "THERE IS A PROBLEM"
"one of the fields is missing"

Solutions:

1. "Watch" > "General" > "Software Update"
  2. Charge your Apple Watch while trying to pair on your iPhone. Also, try without charging and leaving it to charge for a bit.
  3. Change password to only letters and numbers.
  4. "Settings" > "Safari" > "Clear History and Website Data".
  5. Try throughout the day, but night seems to work more often from anecdotes. (10pm, midnight, 1am, etc.)