cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Impossible to Pair with Three

Nadeem1
Fledgling

For the past 2 days I've been bounced around Three's Support Network with no solution to a somewhat simple issue. It seems like the "Technical Support" team and even the "Senior Technical Support" team have no clue as to how to fix an Apple Watch Network Pairing issue. Instead of helping with getting the watch's cellular working they started reading me Settings to change on my iPhone which are completely unrelated to my watch. I have had to unpair/factory reset my watch about 5 times as apparently that will fix the issue. Now to the issue at question:

When activating the cellular service on my Apple Watch, I cannot get past the login page as I keep getting "There's a problem, At least one of the fields is wrong" even though all the fields are filled and correct. I have been stuck at this for ages and for sometimes I get through to the "Our Plan" page which says that "You've already purchased this plan" and asks me to "Activate Now". After clicking this button, it sends me to another error "There's a problem, System Error." 

Now it's a shame that there is no support the "Technical Support" team can give to a growing group of users who use smart watches and want to connect to Three. If a company is charging £7 to pair cellular service to a smart watch then it should work seamlessly and have a support sector who can help if needed. I think the infrastructure should be built out, tested on and validated before it is allowed to be used by consumers. If a service can't handle a watch unpairing because the IMEI's are the same (as I have read in other forum posts) then that service isn't ready to be released, let alone ask users to pay for it.

If someone can help me get this sorted, please can you reach out as I am considering changing providers.

18 REPLIES 18
Cesca
Regular

Thank you for your post. I’m experiencing the same poor and appalling service in relation to the Apple Watch SE 8 gps & cellular and IT DOES NOT WORK AND THEY DON’T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. Just admit it Three 🤷🏼‍♀️

Weepete
Regular

I am having th same issue. Three are full of unprofessional lies and nonsense. 

Modent
Fledgling

I am having a similar issue .. I have finally come to the conclusion that three network doesn’t support cellular Apple Watches .. the tech support have no idea what is going on and they can’t find a solution to a problem in their network that they don’t even understand .. I guess it’s either switching networks or giving up on using the cellular function of the watch .. the extra 100£ paid for the cellular option of the Apple Watch option is now gone to waste. Apple should take three network off the list of network providers in the UK supporting Apple Watch so that buyers either avoid the cellular option of the watch when buying or switch to another network that genuinely supports it. 

Magoo90
Active

Have you seen any of my posts? Three just ignore you. They have completely stopped responding to me now. Useless. 

Lukeapricey
Active

Me too. 

Lukeapricey
Active

An update from me - Yesterday the previous smartwatch cellular plan for my old apple watch dropped off my account so it was effectively back to normal.  I tried to add a new cellular plan and got the 'theres a problem' error again.  
I was advised by a moderator on here to join a 'social media webchat' as this was supposedly an escalated team - absolutely no luck with them, they transferred me back to normal customer services after 10 minutes, she offered no support, couldn't advise or give any meaningful guidance.  The customer service advisor who I was transferred to just gave me the same copied and pasted steps to add a cellular plan on the watch which doesn't work.  When I advised this he asked me to take the watch back to the shop where I bought it!!   He eventually just hung up on the chat.  
Its so disappointing.  I just don't know what to do,  I'm questioning whether to even bother but at the end of the day. Three advertise this plan and feature, why shouldn't i have it if i have the capability?

Bearspike
Fledgling

Hi there after 3 days of going around in circles with Three Support, Technical and Complaint Teams. 
the following worked for me after reading it on here.

go into general and clear data within safari, browser history/ data etc.

turn off phone and watch and reboot.

go to watch app and click on mobile service and enter email account and password.

i kept my password just upper and lower and numerical characters only.

i was then able to progress to choosing add on and accepting the updated plan.

hope this helps.

Damianartherton
Fledgling

Any luck with this I have the same issue 

marsmontblanc
Fledgling

Hi. I had exactly the same problem with adding mobile/cellular to an AW 7 (login page said one of the fields was missing when they weren’t). Only thing that worked for me was to change my three password and then wait for their systems to update overnight. Tried again this morning and it worked without any issue. Weird because I had no problem at all adding cellular to an AW Ultra three months ago.