cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra 2

Steven-Apple
Fledgling

IMG_5533.png

 Been stuck with this error for last few days tried at various times to see if can get passed error and nothing, can’t see how a company can offer a service but not actually provide it might have to look at a different provider as unable to use my Apple Watch cellular is a pain 

17 REPLIES 17
Lukeapricey
Active

I’ve had this EXACT error message when trying to activate/pair my Apple Watch ultra - for nearly 2 months unfortunately.  Three haven’t resolved it.  I’ve tried everything to get the issue sorted, spent hours in web chats and on phone calls, raised complaints (which three have been marking as resolved with no explanation), been into stores, spoken to Apple genius staff to no avail.  The customer care has been awful, often upsetting. It’s definitely Three - not Apple.  I’d like to say it’s fixable but I don’t think it is 😞
I think the only fix is to either leave three all together at this stage or just sack off the cellular pairing.

fyi - this so called fix to change your my3 password, log in using the app, avoid special characters, clear safari cookies etc don’t work.  There are countless people on this forum and online with this problem left unresolved.  It’s just pot luck to get a helpful person on the phone who’s willing to support you but there doesn’t seem to be a clear fix.  

mysite123
Regular

After 10 days of lots of calls to Three, numerous resets of my new Apple Watch (and new iPhone) I managed to get it working myself.

The key for me was to reset my Three password to one that did not include characters. I don’t know why this worked (the Apple Watch I replaced was only set up for SmartWatch pairing 12 months ago and the password was fine). Anyway,

• I changed the Three password to one with numbers and letters only.
  • I cleared the Safari history on my iPhone.
  • Set my display auto-lock to ‘never’ (temporarily of course).
  • I unpaired and paired the watch again (whilst on charge).
  • I opted to keep the smartwatch pairing plan (sometimes it asks when unpairing/pairing - other times it does not???).
  • I made sure the Watch and iPhone were on the latest OS and it all worked! 

One point to note, in the watch app under Mobile Service/ Mobile Plan it was stuck on ‘activating’ for at least 25 mins. I stayed on this screen for the duration. Eventually the message changed from ‘Activating’ to ‘Three’ and the Watch is now paired.

The Watch App still had a red ‘1’ on the message ‘finishing set up this Apple Watch’ or whatever it says. I selected it and closed the App a few times - it would not go, eventually it did. Reminder, set display back to auto-lock. 

Hope this helps someone. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lukeapricey,

There's a few different scenarios, and unfortunately some of the errors do have overlapping causes. I'm sorry that this fix didn't work for you, but it certainly has for a high number of users, and plenty of other community members have taken time to confirm this.

For the relevant errors I'm always going to recommend steps that users can try for themselves before arranging an escalation.

I appreciate you've been waiting a long time, and have had some really poor experiences, I have passed feedback on as we've discussed and I'll chase this again for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Steven-Apple
Fledgling

I’m guessing it’s all just down to luck I’ll keep trying 🤷🏻‍♂️

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Steven-Apple,

If you've tried the suggested steps, then we can take a closer look into it. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can access your account, they'll help get this escalated for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

rchrdkn
Fledgling

@JonathanB I’ve also been seeing the “There’s a Problem” message for the past month. I’ve tried the suggested steps multiple times but no luck.

I commented in the other thread last month that you created previously but have not had a PM - is this thread no longer being monitored?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rchrdkn,

I'm sorry to hear I've missed a post from you there. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with more help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Lukeapricey
Active

After nearly 15 years as a three customer I finally left them yesterday, transferred my number to EE and bought myself out of my three contract 14 months early - three have agreed to cover a large amount of the cost/termination fee. After nearly 10 weeks escalating my complaints, being gaslit by three advisors, escalated tech support claims, numerous hours spent in conversations, false promises etc, three could not solve the issue and finally admitted that fact.  I put the EE SIM into my phone when the PAC transferred the number and went into the Apple Watch app to add the cellular pairing and guess what?  It worked.  No errors, issues, long waits, it activated within minutes. 
Their communication has been excellent so far, customer service experience is so much better.  
if you are close to the end of your contract just take the hit and leave three for another network.  It’s a shame it came to this and never should have.