cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch connected but not dialling and no data?!?

JoeTheBow
Regular

I have a new user with three.  IPhone 13 Pro and brand-new Apple Watch 8 cellular.

I have managed to get the Apple Watch add on subscription working using the Apple Watch app.

It confirms that there is connectivity (Mobile service and mobile data are toggled on, the plan is the correct label and status is connected.) 

The phone interestingly states that “Carrier does not currently support Apple Watch” even though there is an amber “i” symbol with a circle around it.

The watch is completely fine and works perfectly except cellular is not working at all. It will not then make or receive calls or update anything that requires data. So basically it’s behaving just like a normal Wi-Fi watch and the cellular is not working.

I have spoken to Three CS 5 times and have been given the runaround, telling me basically my new watch is broken 😂. I informed them that my wife has exactly the same issue (we both took out contracts concurrently) even though she has a 12nPro and 7th generation of watch, both of which have worked with Vodafone flawlessly.  Three customer services, just tell me I’ve got to go back to Apple!!

So I’m reaching out here to see if anyone in this community has had this issue or can provide any assistance. I am in my cancellation period and seriously, thinking about cancelling within the next 48 hours if I hear nothing back from three.

11 REPLIES 11
MZone
Key player

Please use the dedicated thread here. 

JoeTheBow
Regular

The issue is not pairing, which is why I posted it as a different topic.
It’s paired and status is connected. It’s zero connection to the network for calls and data.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JoeTheBow,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not sure if you've seen my reply to your PM yet? If you chat with the team I've directed to there, they'll get this escalated and investigated further. I've not seen this specific error before, but I'm sure we can figure out what's causing it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Seb888
Fledgling

I have this exact same problem. Brand new Apple Watch Ultra set up with the additional plan from Three just shows “no connection” to cellular data although it says it’s on the Three network and shows a Green tick.

Please can you help to resolve this?

Maccas124
Fledgling

I have this exact same problem. Brand new Apple Watch Ultra set up with the additional plan from Three just shows “no connection” to cellular data although it says it’s on the Three network and shows a Green tick.

Was there ever any resolution to this please? Applecwatch is 24hrs old and having the same problem. thanks.

MZone
Key player

It will only connect to cellular service if your out of range of your iPhone and not connected to WiFi. 

Maccas124
Fledgling

Thanks for your reply. 
Strangely, what's happening is with the phone out of range and watch not connected to WiFi. I'm able to make phone calls from the watch but any form of data is not working, such as using Spotify or Apple Music. 

I'm unsure why this is. Thanks. 

jo_annebaird
Regular

Nope.  Doesn't work

jo_annebaird
Regular

I have seen this error several times online.