cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Apple allow apps that cannot be uninstalled?

sc1999
Local celebrity

I have not used an iPhone in many years but may consider one next time around. I am fed up with Google/Alphabet insisting that Samsung install apps like YouTube and Chrome that cannot be removed. Does Apple install its own apps that the user cannot uninstall?

Best solution
Best solution
pies
Regular

I think you can delete most of the apps that the iphone has pre-loaded except for Safari.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
pies
Regular

I think you can delete most of the apps that the iphone has pre-loaded except for Safari.

LeeT
Employee
Employee

Android can be a little invasive with the pre-installed apps already on the device. However, this is most times down to the manufacturer of the device, and not Google/Android. Hense why certain manufacturers will have different pre-installed apps than others. Albeit that the standard Google products such as YouTube/Gmail etc will be preinstalled of course. You may not be able to uninstall them, but on most androids you have the feature to 'disable' them within settings. Which deletes most of the app from the phone, just not entirely.

Apple allows you to uninstall majority of apps apart from such things like Safari, Photos, App Store. But I'd imagine you would be keeping thos anyways 😁