cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone pay extra to increase there memory?

Mark1991
Regular

Hey

im noticing that on my iPhone my memory is full and now anything extra I load or pictures I take are not being shred to my iCloud due to memory. Is it worthwhile paying extra to get more storage or are there any tricks to help increase my memory storage? 

Best solution
Best solution
Mand4393
Regular

Hi, I pay extra for more memory. Have done for ages, it only costs me about 79p a month. I think it’s worth it as I also had run out of space 

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

I have 128gb in my Samsung and would not pay extra for 256. If I am away I carry a mobile wifi router which allows me to backup  to an external drive. The EU were trying to drive through a standard charger so Apple were looking at USB C. I would prefer that we had removable batteries and micro sd slots. 

garrchau
Regular

I pay for 200gb of iCloud storage exactly to backup photos and videos. Such is the generation we live in taking hi-res photos and 4k videos to document our life. I believe the monthly charge is very reasonable, and you can share the iCloud storage with members of your family.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I use Microsoft 365 Family which gives 6Tb of cloud storage with One Drive for £50 per year.

Best solution
Mand4393
Regular

Hi, I pay extra for more memory. Have done for ages, it only costs me about 79p a month. I think it’s worth it as I also had run out of space 

Springwater35
Active

I think it depends what you uses your phone for, 

If it’s just for making calls and sending messages then no, 

Put if you are taking photos and videos and sharing on Social media on YouTube than I think the 256 with cloud storage works well. 

GemmaG
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark1991

I think it depends on what the content on your device means to you, and how much effort you would want to go to back things up. I pay for 200GB of iCloud storage monthly and personally, feel it's worth it. I have every single photo I've taken on my apple devices for the past 10 years, plus wedding photos, videos of my child growing up and I love that I can pull them up in a few seconds - and that they're fully backed up without me needing to do a thing.

There are apps that can help you reduce storage, but I prefer just to back everything up without worrying about combing through my phone to find things to delete 😊