cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Holiday Technology

dmbracey
Regular

Hi all,

I was wondering what your essential holiday technology is? I love to go abroad with my smartphone so I can connect to the WiFi easily and keep in touch with family back home...and make them jealous by sending photos and updating social media. 

I also love taking my Bluetooth speakers so I can listen to music by the pool. What about you? Kindle? Phone? iPad? What devices do you sneak in your suitcase?

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

My most important item is a HooToo Tripmate travel router. It is a little wifi router that I can connect an external drive to. No more problems deciding what music and which videos to load on the phone or tablet, I just take a 500gb ssd drive.

dmbracey
Regular

I have never heard of that! So it's basically an external drive that connects to WiFi on your phone?

sc1999
Local celebrity

No. It creates a wifi access point that you connect a drive or USB stick and with an app you can read or write to the disc. There are various ones but the HooToo was the first I found several years ago. They cost about 20 quid. Google HooToo Tripmate and Amazon sell similar.

thetechhorse
Employee
Employee

Hey all! 

My wife laughs at me as when I go on longer holidays I have a small 'gadget bag' which is full of all sorts from cables, headphones, tripod, selfie stick, small 4k camera etc. If however I was to pick then the tripod is a winner every time to get a great shot and not rely on asking other tourists...especially when you are in the middle of nowhere.