cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch plan available on galaxy watch 5, but not 4. Why?!

rednax82
Fledgling

I see that Three now offers watch/esim on the Galaxy watch 5, but apparently not on the watch 4 despite it being exactly the same chipset. Same CPU, same ram, same OS, same storage. It's basically the same device with a different outer design and the removal of the rotating bezel.

Does anyone know a reason why three specifically support only the watch 5, or is this just an exploitative decision to increase their revenue and e-waste footprint?  I've just had the watch plan added to my contract and now am being told it's not supported for no obvious reason.

3 REPLIES 3
Gigi
Fledgling

If this is the case I'm going to be absolutely livid. I purposely brought the 4g LTE watch 4 to be able to use thr esim function. Three kept telling me on twitter to wait and it will be available soon. There's no reason whatsoever ever why it can't work for thr watch 4 and only watch 5. They are basically the same watch. Have you had anymore info regarding this?

jnex26
Regular

I'm in this boat too... I've livid too I've stated that I will leave if they don't support it in one claendar month... also will my wife leave, my son and daughter will leave too. 

Amy2709
Active

I have just bought the 5 lte and have been told I can't have the esim/smartwatch pairing as an existing customer because its only currently available for new customers. Absolutely gutted as I'm in contract for another 18mths. I will be taking all my household contracts elsewhere when they come up for renewal. So much for customer loyalty!