cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the phone connection 9n the ZTE MC888 home hub work

Phil53124
Regular

Support told me that it is possible to connect a phone to the ZTE MC888 5g home hub, but the documentation, and other posts, suggests that this might not be possible after all. 

Has anyone done it successfully?

If so, I would like to connect my cordless DECT landline phone, now that I don't have a landline.  However the connector is too small for the socket on the side of the hub.  Any ideas on what adapter would be needed and whether it would work?

Best solution
Best solution
Phil53124
Regular

For others that have the MC888 router.

You can connect a land line phone to the router and it does work.   I have connected my old land line DECT phone, which has multiple wireless phone extensions. This provides the equivalent of a land line, but uses the router's mobile number.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
Phil53124
Regular

For others that have the MC888 router.

You can connect a land line phone to the router and it does work.   I have connected my old land line DECT phone, which has multiple wireless phone extensions. This provides the equivalent of a land line, but uses the router's mobile number.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Phil53124,

Thanks for confirming this, we don't officially support the feature, and I'd just be careful on billing as our Broadband packages only usually have inclusive data, but thanks for confirming for the community that the feature works.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Phil53124
Regular

Jonathan,

You're correct, even though the T&C's you're sent say that you get unlimited free calls and texts to non-premium numbers.

Three should change their T&C's, or preferably, change things to allow you to use the Hub's phone connection .

I have written another post explaining the  benefits, and tried to raise the idea through customer services 

Three seem to be missing a trick, as I think many home owners enjoy the convenience of using multiple DECT phone extensions from a single land line, and this would provide an  equivalent, but much cheaper, service using the hub SIM as your home number.  Added to which, if you move home, you can take the hub and number with you.

Can you help me to highlight the idea within Three?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Phil53124,

I was just looking at the other thread you mentioned. Happy to flag any customer feedback, I think with something like this it's all down to getting a larger amount of customers to confirm that they'd consider this desirable.

I'll have a look into the terms too, just to check that's the 5G Broadband terms you're referring to as opposed to the general Pay Monthly ones?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.