cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get iPhone contract as a student in london. With no good credit score

Irshad112
Fledgling

I just signed a 24-month SIM-only contract. I want to get an iPhone. I am a student here in London and arrived two months ago. I don't have a good credit score because I am new here. How can I get an iPhone on contract?

3 REPLIES 3
Paddiewack
Superstar

In short you’ll struggle! I’m assuming you went the sim only route as an alternative to payg. You could look into buying one secondhand but quite possibly your only route is to service your sim only contract thereby building up your credit score that way. Tip;Don’t apply for too much credit just bide your time. 

MZone
Key player

Register for one of the many free credit scoring apps like ClearScore and they will show you your credit score and give you tips on how to improve it. You usually have to get like a credit card, use it wisely and keep paying it off on full so you can build a picture of how good you are at utilising credit. This can take some time. The apps will guide you though. 

Raymac
Fledgling

I agree with the above replies, you have not been in the country long enough to build a good credit score, some companys will give you a contract if a guarantor (with a good credit score) signs the contract.

When my last contract here on 3 finished I wanted to renew my phone and plan, I had only just moved into a new home, unbenowing to me the last owners had a lot of debts, I had a heck of a problem renewing my plan because the house itself had black marks against it, luckily I had been with 3 for years, with proof of when I boight the house my contract was finally renewed.

So more than 1 variable can stop you from takiing on any purchase contract.

Shewy