cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E Wifi issues

T30485
Fledgling

Hi,

I have the Zyxel NR5103R router issued with my 5G home broadband package, overnight I've lost wifi completely and the power LED is now red instead of green. According to the manual it states 'Zyxel Device error, need to take action'. Although I can get internet access via a wired connection, it is intermittent and keeps randomly dropping the connection! 

I have tried all the usual, reboot, factory reset etc just in case but no surprise it did nothing.

I can't tell if there has been an over the air firmware upgrade automatically installed and caused this, is there anyway to check and roll back to the previous one if it has?

I contacted 'tech support' and they were as helpful as a chocolate teapot! In the end he just tried to fob me off by telling me to contact the manufacturer for a 'repair' despite this being supplied by Three and as such any repair/replacement should be via the supplying retailer!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Tim.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @T30485,

It does seem like a faulty router based on what you've shared. I'm sorry to hear the team didn't find a solution for you.

In case there's been no progress since you posted, I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues who can help look into this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Raymac
Fledgling

I can't understand why 3 didn't just send you our a replacement.

When my Zyxel NR5103R stopped working (went completely dead) I phoned 3 support and in 2 days a brand new router arrived by courier. If I was you I would phone 3 support again and ask for a replacement.

Shewy