cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad health

Ryand211
Fledgling

Ive got an ipad pro, 10.5 2017. Its only 64gb. Ive updated to ios 16.1. Is there anything else i can do keep it going for as long as possible? 

2 REPLIES 2
LE60LAD
Regular

As long as Apple supports the device with its OS like it currently does the device will keep on going and going - the battery might not last as long as before as these decay with time but there is no reason for the iPad not to last for a few more years. 

As for the space thing - don't sync your photos from your phone to the iPad and don't download all your music to the iPad - just the playlists and albums your likely to want to listen too off line - even after Apple stops supporting the OS on the device your still good for a year or two after. 
My last iPad lasted 8 years and I only got rid of it due to issues with apps that needed to have the latest version on them 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

The battery is normally one of the first things to go. You can generally extend the life of a products battery by not leaving it fully charged for long periods of time, and not discharging it too much or leaving it discharged for long periods of time.

It's at either end of the charge cycle where battery decay happens the most. I keep most of my devices in the 30% to 80% region when I'm in the house, and generally only go beyond hat if I'm going out or need the extra juice for something specific. I've got a 9 year old smart watch that's still ticking along nicely 🙂 You look after that thing, it'll look after you for a good few more years!

Pete.