cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifi when roaming

mscarer2016
Fledgling

i have a huawei 5783-330 mifi device that i took to holland in december and germany in january I've used it many times in UK, but for some reason in the above countries it kept asking me for a password and wouldnt accept any that i tried to use.  After the first trip i checked that roaming was active - it was and i got charged the daily fee in both countries even though i was unable to access the wifi.  Does anyone have any advice as to what might have gone wrong and why non of the know passwords/security worked and gave me access.  I would like to get it resolved before June which is my next trip out of the UK. LW

1 REPLY 1
Paddiewack
Superstar

I too have one of these and I’ve not had a problem with it either here at home or abroad in Spain the one time we’ve used it in another country. Firstly double check beyond all doubt with customer service that roaming is enabled on your account. Secondly download the HUAWEI app (AI Life) either from the app or play store and register your device on it. You’ll find it much easier to check settings including data roaming. Can’t think of anything else you need to do so good luck.