cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing but issues with my mifi 4G

ricoman30
Fledgling

So I had my Three-4GMiFi just over a week ago and there has been issue after issue. I decided on 3 because the coverage checker showed the greatest signal strength in my area however the mifi modem id showing a red light. When i inserted the sim  card in my iphone the signal was fantastic so that was issue number 1. Issue number 2 ; ita always a pain to connect the mifi to my laptop. Ive never been able to connect it wirelessly because the network doesnt show on my windoes 11 laptop. A hidden network came up but even after entering the SSID and network it still wouldnt connect. The only way I can get it to connect is by plugging in the usb wire direct to laptop and it connects but at a slow speed. Any ideas? I need to decide if I am going to return this as I am still in my 14 day cooling off period.

Thank you

Best solution
Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

With respect I went into great detail in my reply to your post yesterday which will sort out your issues as regards connectivity. I’ll leave it to you whether or not to follow that advice.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

With respect I went into great detail in my reply to your post yesterday which will sort out your issues as regards connectivity. I’ll leave it to you whether or not to follow that advice.

ricoman30
Fledgling

I tried everything you suggested. I reset my network settings, my modem entered the ssid and password under hidden network and still couldn’t connect to the WiFi. Only connection I could get was via a cable from usb to modem slow speed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sorry but if you follow the directions I set out you’ll be fine. Once you reset your router,that automatically reveals the network id. At that point you go to whatever device you’re attempting to connect via WiFi and search for the default network name as given on the router label. You then attempt to connect to that network and when it asks for a password you simply use the default NETWORK password (not router login password) and your device will absolutely connect. You don’t need to interfere with any settings on your device only the router. 

ricoman30
Fledgling

Could I possibly have your email address so I can send a video of the steps you provided?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can send it via a private message if you wish!