cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr

Edem
Fledgling

I have been a customer for more than 15 years. My upgrade was due in August 2023. Three promotion departments offered me an iPhone 15 Pro with a Watch and the offer was turned down. I changed from iPhone 14 to a new modern phone for the next three years. This is the first time three have given me an offer through the promotional Department. The iPhone 14 was sent to me after three promotion departments had accepted a deal for this contract. And, the reason iPhone 15 Pro was not sent to me is unknown to date. I did not owe three networks any money even before my previous contract ran out or expired after 2 years. The previous contract was terminated without my notice. And, the following money crazy bill was sent to me. 

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

Sounds as though you may have done a deal with a third party and not 3. Did you do this over the phone or by email? You need to check to see if the contact details you have are for 3. 3 will not use a mobile number and, I think, 3's numbers start with a 3. Their email address includes three.co.uk.

There have been a few instances where companies that sell 3 phones have been trying to muscle in on 3 upgrades. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

I agree with SC1999 in that this sounds more like an outside company rather than Three. Your post mentions numerous issues such as billing which I’m not really sure about. As I often say we’re mostly customers on this forum with no access to your account and given the ambiguity you face would urge you to call 333 and speak to an advisor who will hopefully be able to help you.

sc1999
Local celebrity

One question and that is: how is a third party getting the information that a renewal is due? I have just checked to see what my marketing permissions were and found that they were on not off. However, I cannot find where to see if there is an option allowing 3 to supply 3rd parties with my data. Any ideas where it may be? Alos, the manage my account option is not working on the my3 webpage.

Paddiewack
Superstar

I don’t know but I’m SPECULATING that certain companies have a kind of affiliation with networks allowing them to sell devices and airtime on their behalf. How they get that info I’ve no idea. I really honestly (respectfully) think you should stop speculating and call customer services.

sc1999
Local celebrity

They do. I buy my phones through affordable mobiles, but I do not know if personal data is both ways.

Paddiewack
Superstar

You’d have to hazard a guess and say yes I suppose! 🤷‍♂️