cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My opinion and observations of Three

Paddiewack
Maestro
  • I’ve been on a sim only contract using an iPhone 12 since early August having been with Vodafone for quite some time. I wanted to give my opinion so far on Three which isn’t intended to be in any way reflective or influenced by any posts seen on this forum. The network itself from my experience is very good,topping out so far with 412mbits download on 5g and perfectly acceptable speeds and bandwidth on 4g. 3G is being discontinued so no mention of that here. But the flip side,the unsaid by staff is of course customer services. It’s not ALL bad but it is hit and miss depending on whom you speak to. Some advisors are extremely helpful some not so. But then it’s the price we as customers pay for deals which undercut many rivals. I’m paying £20 for unlimited everything which,certainly on Voda and O2 is at least £6 per month more. I think for me having had a couple of issues (now all solved with a credit on my bill to be fair) the biggest problem is nobody seems to take ownership of any issues,instead a 48 hour deadline for resolution is given which often is passed causing the customer to call again and the same timeframe is given with a priority caveat. Management are obviously aware but choose to let things stay as they are in order to be able to offer competitive deals. So in short in my opinion;Three technically are very good,just keep your fingers crossed for as little interaction with the offshore call centre as possible and all will be good. 
Best solution
Best solution
Paddiewack
Maestro

Fingers crossed as per your last sentence mate.🤞

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Avondale
Rising star

@Paddiewack 

That's probably a fair assessment. I had to use the app "chat" facility yesterday and it went OK, but I would not like to deal with a complicated question via that medium. 

I do feel that Three's retail stores are an underused resource for problem-solving, particularly if you use a store off-peak, say at 9.00am on a wet Monday morning. And if you can catch the attention of one of the moderators on this forum, that tends to be a constructive way forward. 

The two big plusses for Three are that the 5G is brilliant when it works and, as you have highlighted, the prices. I just hope that the proposed "merger" with Vodaphone doesn't leave us with the worst of both. 

Best solution
Paddiewack
Maestro

Fingers crossed as per your last sentence mate.🤞

Paddiewack
Maestro

I should also add that as stated by Avondale above,the mods on here are a great fallback if all else fails. Fair play to them.