cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Pixel Watch LTE support!

G4V
Fledgling

Hi guys

Just got a new Pixel phone with Three and am a burgeoning runner with a pixel watch for tracking my runs on Strava.

Love Three so far 😍 

But... I am lost for words that a modern, customer led network like Three doesn't support Pixel watch connectivity!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pixel watch has some of the fastest sales growth on ver the past year... Please, please, please get make this happen Three!

Can anyone at Three give any idea if/when this will be coming? 

Thanks 🙏

G

15 REPLIES 15
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @G4V,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Thanks so much for the feedback, I'll be highlighting this to the relevant teams.

We've launched support for Apple watch pairing last year, and recently started to roll out Samsung watch support, and we don't plan to stop there, we're looking into expanding our support to more smartwatch brands.

I'm sorry that we can't answer any if/when questions about Pixel watches at the current moment. I'm happy to confirm that supporting Pixel watch pairing is something we're exploring right now though. Thanks for your patience, and we'll definitely be talking about this on our website and the community if and when we do have news to share about this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tommytk
Fledgling

Any updates on Pixel Watch support? Just got a new Pixel Watch 2 LTE and was excited to connect it to my account but sad to see/read that there isn't any support. I guess I'll just have to sit in the Pixel Watch waiting room like a lot of other customers 😞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tommytk,

Sorry I've not heard any updates but we do keep new launches confidential till very close till they go live. Hopefully not too much longer to wait.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MrsBandersnatch
Fledgling

Hi this is not Ok - I phoned three this morning, swapped to an esim as they told me it would be fully compatible with Google pixel watch 2 LTE only to find it's not.

So I am being lied to?

Going to swap providers to EE very soon at this rate as this is not acceptable. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrsBandersnatch,

You can pair a Pixel Watch with any compatible phone over Bluetooth, but we don't currently support cellular pairing with these.

You don't need your phone SIM to be an eSIM to pair a watch, the eSIM for a cellular watch is built in, and if we begin to support these then you would set up cellular pairing using the Google Watch app.

I'm sorry that we don't have this functionality yet, there's a lot that needs to happen behind the scenes before a smartwatch brand can be supported on the network.

Jonathan

Richlaw245
Regular

This is far from acceptable for an answer. There are posts that are over a year old asking the same question when Google introduced the Pixel 7 range and the Google Pixel watch.

The reply then is 'Three is currently working on it '. But all they seem to care about are their Apple and Samsung products. Isn't it about time Three came clean and admit only EE & Vodafone have an upfront agreement to provide LTE support for Google devices only. If this is not the case, then Three need to employ the correct technical experience to get this working.

Just be honest with us and give us the real reason why Three cannot provide cellular connectivity between devices, or what plans are they are putting in place to actually provide updates with timescales of when it can be in a position in rolling this out, and if they need beta testers I would happily sign up.

Please stop fobbing us off with same generic excuse you have been using for over a year now, and ensure this post is actually escalated up to Three Management and not just have a community moderator reply.

Thank you.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Richlaw245,

I do appreciate your frustration that we don't support cellular pairing on the Pixel Watch series yet. As I've mentioned previously, we're looking into it but we don't have updates to share.

Please bear in mind that this is not a fault or issue with a service that we do advertise, we've been asked an honest question on the community, if we know if/when Pixel watches will be supported, and we've given as much info as we can share here, supporting Pixel watch is on our future plans, but it's too soon to give any timescales or further confirmations.

We've never advertised that we support Smartwatch pairing for any other brand than Apple or Samsung devices, but when I'm clear to discuss Pixel watch pairing further I'll do so. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Richlaw245
Regular

Jonathan,

I appreciate you replying, but when people have contacted the support centre, they are getting they are advising them to buy add on packages. I was told to buy a one off 1GB data add on before I could pair. Another agent tried telling me that I had to add the three app on my Pixel watch!

Firstly it's scary that someone you would think had the technical experience is trying to advise them to install an app that is not available for the Google watch, but the response given should be LTE pairing for Google devices is not currently available on Three, but hopefully available in the future.

It's the level of inconsistent response given by the support centre that is frustrating, as it seems every agent gives a different answer to the same question.

CWat
Fledgling

@Richlaw245 wrote:

Jonathan,

I appreciate you replying, but when people have contacted the support centre, they are getting they are advising them to buy add on packages. I was told to buy a one off 1GB data add on before I could pair. Another agent tried telling me that I had to add the three app on my Pixel watch!

Firstly it's scary that someone you would think had the technical experience is trying to advise them to install an app that is not available for the Google watch, but the response given should be LTE pairing for Google devices is not currently available on Three, but hopefully available in the future.

It's the level of inconsistent response given by the support centre that is frustrating, as it seems every agent gives a different answer to the same question.

Just to throw credence to this. The same thing happened to me with me eventually saying something along the lines of "I'm not convinced this is the correct information so please could you email me with the Google pixel watch support details if it does in fact exist". I unfortunately didn't receive anything so I too am left waiting for some indication of whether this will happen and why the agents are providing misleading information