cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Pixel Watch LTE support!

G4V
Fledgling

Hi guys

Just got a new Pixel phone with Three and am a burgeoning runner with a pixel watch for tracking my runs on Strava.

Love Three so far 😍 

But... I am lost for words that a modern, customer led network like Three doesn't support Pixel watch connectivity!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pixel watch has some of the fastest sales growth on ver the past year... Please, please, please get make this happen Three!

Can anyone at Three give any idea if/when this will be coming? 

Thanks 🙏

G

15 REPLIES 15
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Richlaw245@CWat,

That's really disappointing to hear, there's really clear support processes, and help information available to all our colleagues, moreover our guidance online is clear that at the moment we only support Samsung and Apple devices: Smartwatch Pairing support | Support | Three

I'll feed this back as I appreciate how frustrating any incorrect information can be. As soon as there's any official updates on Pixel Watch support I'll be sharing this with community.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

jordyjordan
Fledgling

Just want to add my disappointment and frustration to this thread. 

I recently purchased a Google Pixel Watch 2 LTE with the expectation that it could be connected for cellular uses via all major UK networks. 

I've been a loyal customer with three for years now, but will NOT be renewing my contract with you if this isn't sorted soon. 

Richlaw245
Regular

Hi JJ,

It's like coming up to 5 months since the release of the Pixel 8 Pro and the Pixel watch 2, and they still haven't sorted out LTE pairing for the Google products. In fact this has been going on well over a year with the release of the Pixel 7 Pro and the first Pixel watch!

They either have a crappy development team who doesn't understand LTE Pairing, or more than likely only EE and Vodafone have the rights to offer it as an option.

My contract is coming to an end with Three soon, and I will probably jump ships to a company that can provide all the bells and whistles..

5 months from the initial post and still no update or reason why they cannot provide it!!

Ddraig
Fledgling

After waiting for what seemed an eternity for 3 to support E SIM, they seem to have sneakily added it to their repertoire without much notifications to those of us that have been waiting. Not to my knowledge at least. So I get myself all set up and switched to an E sim and I thought "great time to unlock the full features of my smart watch, the whole reason I bought into the ecosystem" only to find 3 doesn't support my watch. 

This is really starting to annoy me, always behind the times playing catch-up. By the time 3 have sorted this they'll make a big ho-ha and expect a pat on the back but the tech will have moved on again leaving them in the dust and no more relevant than they currently are and us customer more and more frustrated. I remember when 3 was a forward thinking company, they seemed to be first to offer unlimited data plans back when mobiles finally broke away from WAP, instant messaging was popping up phones started becoming connected as we know it now. But today they're starting to look and feel like the grandparents of the mobile providers. Seriously 3 pick up your ideal get your finger on the pulse and at least try and be relevant because you're going to start losing a large portion of your customer base if you can't keep up with the tech. I heard a merger with Vodafone is on the horizon and if I'm honest that just worries me more. This company is becoming so antiquated they'll soon be selling dial up.

Richlaw245
Regular

You will get the same old standard reply from three moderator that is coming and they are currently working on releasing into production..  Same old, same old .....

Richlaw245
Regular

Actually there is a workaround for the lack of The LTE support.

If you have a Google Pixel 8 Pro and a Google Pixel watch 2, you can Purchase 2 x PAYE E-SIM, use one for you phone and other for watch and just use the Smart pairing add-on provided by the company you purchased the E-SIMs from.

You can use Bluetooth connectivity for main things and the LTE pairing for anything else. It hardly uses any LTE data so don't need to keep topping it up.

Moderator's get your fingers out and get the Three solution sorted ASAP as your in development excuses are pretty poor for someone that has been available for some time. If you are contractually not allowed to provide it to use, do the decent thing and tell us up front!