cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof Of Barring

Mooni
Fledgling

Hi,

I spoke to the contact center at Three and had a conversation with a representative named Steve regarding the theft of my phone. I requested Steve to cancel my SIM card and deactivate the stolen device. Unfortunately, Steve was unhelpful and insisted that I provide proof of purchase. Even though I provided them with the proof of purchase, Three claimed it was insufficient due to the absence of the IMEI number. I contacted Argos once again, and they informed me that they cannot provide the IMEI number as it is located on the box. However, I did send Three a picture of the box displaying the IMEI number, but it still wasn't considered adequate by them. Now, I'm uncertain about the next steps to take, especially because my insurance company requires proof of barring and proof of usage before they can provide a replacement phone.

Given our long-standing loyalty as customers with three lines at Three, we are now contemplating canceling all of our lines due to this immensely frustrating experience.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mooni,

This sounds really frustrating, and it's certainly not the experience we want for you when your phone has been stolen already.  

We can't produce proof documents from the community, however I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can look into this further and check if we can help sort this proof document out for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.