cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch Pairing iOS 17

Jameseharlow
Fledgling

Trying to set up my Apple Watch on my new iPhone 15 Pro Max with the mobile service set up but when it takes me to the three log in page, I enter my details but this error keeps appearing. 

‘THERE IS A PROBLEM’

’one of the fields is missing’

There no other fields to fill in.

I have deleted all data in safari and changed my password to ensure there are no special characters that could cause an issue. 

5 REPLIES 5
daschles
Regular

I had this too - repeated tries finally got me in... but then the activation didn't work. So frustration all around.

bazzat
Fledgling

ive just got the new 9 series today and having the same problem as you .just says missing field . been on with 3  chat for a hour , they have no  idea 

Lukeapricey
Active

Join the club.. re pairing a new cellular Apple Watch to an existing smartwatch addon with three doesn’t work.  Community mods, tech support etc are simply ignoring everybody with this issue.  
You need to call three and cancel the addon, wait for the addon to be deleted from your account and then set up cellular again as if it’s a new setup.  

tommytran672
Regular

Hi, 
After 2 days of trying, I got it to work. 
Issue: "THERE IS A PROBLEM"
"one of the fields is missing"

Solutions:

1. "Watch" > "General" > "Software Update"
  2. Charge your Apple Watch while trying to pair on your iPhone. Also, try without charging and leaving it to charge for a bit.
  3. Change password to only letters and numbers.
  4. "Settings" > "Safari" > "Clear History and Website Data".
  5. Try throughout the day, but night seems to work more often from anecdotes. (10pm, midnight, 1am, etc.)
tommytran672
Regular

Hi, 
After 2 days of trying, I got it to work. 
Issue: "THERE IS A PROBLEM"
"one of the fields is missing"

Solutions:

1. "Watch" > "General" > "Software Update"
  2. Charge your Apple Watch while trying to pair on your iPhone. Also, try without charging and leaving it to charge for a bit.
  3. Change password to only letters and numbers.
  4. "Settings" > "Safari" > "Clear History and Website Data".
  5. Try throughout the day, but night seems to work more often from anecdotes. (10pm, midnight, 1am, etc.)