cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch Pairing

alfibious1
Fledgling

Trying to set up my Apple Watch with the mobile service set up but when it takes me to the three log in page, I enter my details but this error keeps appearing. 

‘THERE IS A PROBLEM’

’one of the fields is missing’

There no other fields to fill in 

41 REPLIES 41
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @alfibious1,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into these issues with pairing your Apple Watch. I'll do my best to help.

Are you able to sign into your My3 account on our App or on a browser?
If so, can you try changing your password before you next attempt to pair? We've found some instances where special characters that are accepted for My3 in general don't seem to work with the pairing service, for example \ / & ^ so it's worth trying to change up what special characters you include in the password, in case one of these causes the issue.
Finally try clearing your Safari data as you may have temporary Internet data that is causing the error: Settings, Safari, Clear History & Website Data.

If this is still failing to pair, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with some colleagues that can investigate further.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

magsgarrard
Fledgling

Hi - I've tried changing my three password, restarting my phone, my galaxy watch and installing all updates but i'm still getting an error message that says 

THERE IS A PROBLEM’

’one of the fields is missing’

when I try to set up the mobile plan on my new watch. Can you help?? 

tommytran672
Regular

Hi, 
After 2 days of trying, I got it to work. 
Issue: "THERE IS A PROBLEM"
"one of the fields is missing"

Solutions:

1. "Watch" > "General" > "Software Update"
  2. Charge your Apple Watch while trying to pair on your iPhone. Also, try without charging and leaving it to charge for a bit.
  3. Change password to only letters and numbers.
  4. "Settings" > "Safari" > "Clear History and Website Data".
  5. Try throughout the day, but night seems to work more often from anecdotes. (10pm, midnight, 1am, etc.)
thomasburton
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, I am having issues connecting my Ultra Series 1 smartwach with my three smartwatch pairing plan. I was able to connect at first however I then got transferred onto an e-sim (I'm not sure why this transfer was necessary!). Since then I've had a number of issues. I am currently unable to login to the three webpage that loads on the watch app on the phone when trying to set up mobile services on the watch. I'm getting the error that one of the fields is wrong despite me being able to login to the three app and website with these details. Confusingly, occasionally I can login at which point it recognises that I previously had a smartwatch pairing plan but then won't let me re-establish this plan and comes up with an error message?

Any help would be appreciated!

jckfok
Fledgling

Having exactly that problem and followed your advice on password and Safari wipe. Can you help?

Elliottplayer
Fledgling

Hi, I thought I’d message you directly as it seems you are very knowledgeable. 

I have had the exact issue with my Apple Watch. 
I have tried changing password to include no special characters just letters and numbers

ive cleared safari history

im only trying on 3/4/5g as some have said WiFi will not work.

unfortunately I am still not able to connect the watch to the Three network.

do you have any other suggestions? At this point any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Elliottplayer,

Are you also having the "one of the fields is missing" error? There's a few different scenarios, but if you can let me know which error I'll try and help you get this sorted.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Elliottplayer
Fledgling

Hi, yes I get the message saying ‘THERES A PROBLEM, one of the fields is missing’

any help I’d be grateful for 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming @Elliottplayer,

Everything you've tried so far usually helps,

@matw50 above also advised changing default browser to Safari if it's not already.

Some other users are reporting that with that error to try filling in password field first then the email one. Let me know if you have any joy at that stage. If not I can refer you to a team for further investigation.

Thanks,
JonathanB