cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Jayjay2010101
Fledgling

Hi I was wondering.. when upgrading will a credit check be required as if it’s a new account? Thank you I’m advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Not sure of the answer but I would be surprised if they don't. There blurb states that they run a credit check when you take out a monthly plan. As an upgrade is a new contract then I would expect a credit check. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jayjay2010101,

There may be exceptions for upgrading from one SIM only plan to another, but for any devices such as phones, tablets, smartwatch etc, our Three Your Way plans we've recently launched are 0% APR finance agreements so my understanding is that credit checks are mandatory for these as the hardware is being covered by a loan.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

techbloke
Active

I think it's pretty much a certainty they'll credit check you if providing you with hardware bearing in mind a flagship handset can be up to £1500 to buy sim free so if you're worried you might not pass it, I'd check your credit file first.