cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

168 REPLIES 168
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @MrLunt.

I'm really sorry that you've been running these issues and with multiple accounts for so long. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that should be able to get this back on track.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

JohnMacMillan
Fledgling

Last weekend -19th -22nd October - due to maintainence it was impossible to top up or purchase data. Why was I not informed of this? I received neither text nor e-mail to inform me. During this period I needed to top up but was unable to so my service ran out. On monday, to re-activate my service I opened the pay-as-you-go app only to be imformed that it was discontinued and to install the main 3 app - which I couldn't do as I had no internet - again, why was I not informed of this? I live in a rural area with no public internet and to connect your service I had to travel to town, costing me money for transport and a secure wi-fi network. Since then, the internet has been unusable - downloads stop after a few seconds and streaming is impossible - don't give me the usual patter about my device or buildings etc - nothing has changed from last week - That is four days now that I am not getting a service that I have paid for in good faith. I have tried to contact you by phone but no one answers and your chat help is just the usual stock answers, Your customer service is shockingly bad. To add insult to injury, when I went to download the 3 app it was not compatible with my device - is this a sneaky ploy to get us to buy a new phone? It wouldn't surprise me! I'm not asking for much - just the service I paid for, like I had last week and for many months before that. An explanation and apology would also be nice but I'm not holding my breath. If I do not get any satisfaction on this matter I will be taking my Business to another network when my current pack - usseless as it is - runs out -I think you may have lost another customer as I don't really expect a reply to this. Postcode KA 16

JohnMacMillan
Fledgling

Still no reply to yesterday's post - six days now with useless service. Just receieved a rather self-congratulatory text from 3 stating that the system update is complete - NOT FOR ME IT ISN'T. I have given 3 money - 3 have given me nothing in return - this is tantamount to theft. This matter is being reported to OFCOM.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnMacMillan,

I'm really sorry to hear of your experiences. We do make efforts to give advance notices of system updates and any maintenance outages, but if this hasn't happened in this case, we do apologise for the disruption that has caused you.

This is primarily a customer forum, so I'll be happy to help get you in touch with some colleagues that can help. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with an escalated support team.

In terms of the issues with accessing the PAYG account, and topping up, it sounds like these are issues that are already under priority investigation, however the team I've directed you to will collect some info to make doubly sure this is fixed, and they will be happy to document this as a complaint, and do their best to resolve the situation.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hunique
Fledgling

The previous version worked perfectly.

It was much clearer than the current one.

But the worst thing (for me) is that the web login doesn't work. The security captcha pops up and nothing happens after the correct answer. I tried it with 3 browsers. Nothing.

sc1999
Local celebrity

A lot of people have posted the same comment but, as of yet, 3 have not come back with a full fix or their reasoning behind this backward step. Also a timeline for a fix would be appreciated.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hunique,

I'm not aware of a general issue with this. Do you have the same issue accessing your account from the App, or across multiple devices?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Caveman1010
Regular

It' a total mess. I'm at my whits end. I just don't know what to do. It's time Three sorted out this total mess.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Caveman1010,

I didn't hear back from you when you initially posted a few weeks ago. Have you spoken to customer services? If so, what happened? They should be able to associate your My3 for the additional accounts with the new email accounts you said you had created.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Paul_Lew15
Fledgling

I have 3 accounts (3 phones) with three, for my wife, daughter and myself.  All registered to me and my email address.  However now I cannot access the other accounts only my phone number and not the other two??