cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

168 REPLIES 168
sc1999
Local celebrity

The system has been "upgraded" and you need to reregister using a unique email address for each number. There have been heaps of posts and moans about this but nothing from 3 as to why and, or if, they are going to fix this.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paul_Lew15,

I'm sorry for any disruption this is causing. Customer services can update the email on the other accounts. There's a link to our contact us page in the main post above.

Thanks,
Jonathan

drkasper
Fledgling

Why is this so difficult? i've been having issues for months and getting nowhere. 

I have had a monthly contract with 3 for years with no issue. 

I have a PAYG for my son - and now all services for my main contract have disappeared because apparantly the PAYG is on my email. 

The customer support is absolutely USELESS - there's no other way of putting it. I've spent hours and hours speaking to people that haven't got a clue and do nothing.

my son is NINE!! How is he supposed to control this on his email?

I can't re-register, the system simply won't let me.

Three know whats going on but won't do a thing about it. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @drkasper,

We'll need to take a closer look into your account to get this fixed. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

MrLunt
Fledgling

I still cannot register my contracts, I still cannot get live chat to work on any browser I tried.
IS this not a Three issue as since the data breach nothing seems to work on the website

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrLunt,

Sorry you've lost me there, what data breach are you referring to?

Did you try chatting with the team I directed you to? If so what have they advised?

Thanks,
Jonathan

MrLunt
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB 
2016 Three had a data breach, and there was one reported unofficially in 2022

The link you gave me just kept looping so still unable to live chat to any human 😣

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The My3 updates started in 2023 and aren't related to any data breach, we're carrying out software updates to update our network and services, so that we can support new products and technology.

I'm not aware of any loops or errors with that link. Although you may see a message to try later if every advisor is on a chat. Can you explain a bit more about the error or what's happening when you try and start a chat?

MrLunt
Fledgling

Just tried the link you gave me again in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and nothing happens when I click on the "Click here to Chat"

MrLunt_0-1700002233645.png

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrLunt,

I'm sorry if this wasn't mentioned on our previous messages, the team is available from 0800-2000 on weekdays and 0900-1800 on weekends. Can you let me know if you're still unable to reach them inside those hours?

Thanks,
Jonathan