cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

168 REPLIES 168
Tim666
Fledgling

I like others on here have multiple numbers and need to re-register them all. The first was fine as I used the email that is on the account. When I tried the next number, it said "If you gave us an email address when you joined Three, please use that one." So I did.Result.Red error message "There's already an account with these details. Get in touch and we'll try to sort it out." Well yes of course there is because that is what I have just done. I'm not sure I like the "we'll TRY to sort it out", are you saying this may not be possible, or do you really mean you WILL sort it out, if so please say this. So I TRIED to phone, no number option to sort the problem, just a text to contact the Live Chat. If I want to talk to someone do I have to go through an option for the wrong department and hope they will put me through to someone who will TRY to help me? I stupidly went through the Live Chat, well there is 30 mins of my life I won't get back. The solution? I need 4 email addresses. When I said I do not have 4 addresses, Vivek was quite surprised as they said "I would request you to create 3 emails, it will hardly take 60 seconds also you will surely need this in future for other purposes so it will come in handy." For what may I ask? "I do understand your concern however almost every one has two or three email addresses, you can create using your name." Do they? Not if you read the comments on here. So the outcome. I now need multiple email addresses to service my account.Is this progress? If there is no way around this and I have to pamper to Three' whim, how do I go about adding an email address to each number, when if you try this online you get "Please check the details you entered are correct. If you still encounter an issue, please contact us." Of course it's incorrect because it's not the email associated with the account, but you are giving me no option to change it. So Jonathan we all need some help, or maybe for Three to accommodate use. Ps Does anybody know if any other mobile companies make their customers go through this, just asking for a friend?

sc1999
Local celebrity

I agree with the guy you spoke to, setting up multiple email addresses is easy. The hard part is managing them. They will need forwarding so that they all appear in the same inbox so you don't miss an important email from 3, otherwise you need to check each box regularly. Why is there a need to use a different email address as the accounts could be differentiated by a unique number issued by 3. Can you see where I am going? Answers on a postcard.

gcpay
Regular

Hi JonathanB - your link to give us a ring does not give access to anyone to talk to.  It takes you round in circles and brings you back to the website help.  Please give me a number to speak to a customer help person.  If i was trying to upgrade or join I'd be able to speak to someone immediately but once Three have you on the contract then they don't care anymore.  Sad really cos i thought you guys were different 😞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gcpay,

If you scroll down on that page you should see a button to chat now, and current contact numbers for support. 333 or 0333 338 1001 is the numbers for personal customers to call.

Thanks,
Jonathan

sf60017
Active

All this sounds all to familiar. I have actually given up trying to re-register my second number which is a broadband account. Just means I can't check what's going on or what I'm using, just have to chance to luck that I don't go over. I just can't face another fruitless phone call to the 'help' line, following a link which either doesn't work or doesn't exist, do this, do that, none of which work. I'll grin and bare it until Summer 2025 when my 3 contracts end. 

gcpay
Regular

I have just reregistered as instructed by the three app only to find that I have been down graded from an unlimited data plan to a 100gb per month plan on same payment.  How is this allowed to happen??  I noticed there was an order on 10 Aug which i did not make for this plan!  I have tried to contact three but the help links just go round and round and you end up not being able to speak to anyone. it is so frustrating!  Please can someone help me please.

Also the new app and design of the website is absolutely awful!

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues getting through to get the answers you seek. You mentioned you were given a number to call, what was the number you were given? 

Can you confirm if you managed to get hold of the team to get some answers today? 

Pete.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gcpay,

I'm sorry that you've been having trouble getting in touch. I'd like to make sure this issue with your data plan is checked out in more detail. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with more help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

sf60017
Active

Please look at this attached screen shot. This is well beyond a joke, links, helpline numbers, social media helplines all a waste of time, everything just keeps going round and round in circles. Look at what happens when you try to re-register a 3 number, pay attention to the font in red: You're re-registering and it says the account is already in use I KNOW IT IS, IT'S MINE, I'M TRYING TO RE-REGISTER!! The final insult is the quote, please contact us and we'll 'TRY' to put it right... TRY! How pathetic is that, TRY and put it right.Capture.JPG

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sf60017,

I'm sorry that this has been a really frustrating experience for you. If you've got one account registered with the same email already, then our help team needs to update the 2nd account with a different email, after that's done should stop you from running into that error.

If you're still running into the same error even after the email has been amended, then they should be able o escalate the issue with a service desk, so I'm sure we can get this sorted one way or another.

Thanks,
JonathanB