cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

168 REPLIES 168
sf60017
Active

Cheers, Jonathan.

Gingerbread21
Fledgling

Been on Chat today and seriously thinking of leaving 3 after being a loyal customer for over 20 years. I have 3 numbers registered in my name and no way am I going to start new email addresses

sc1999
Local celebrity

There seem to be a few separate posts on the "new look and feel" and I have yet to find any positive comments. It's dire, lacks thought, is clunky beyond belief and I cannot believe that it was properly defined before you employed a bunch of 10-year-olds to create it. Why is it necessary to refresh the main screen very time you return to it? I go to another page and return after a few seconds and the main screen refreshes, every time. I can offer an easy solution to stop it. Where is the search function? If not a search function, then at least a detailed menu. Try finding where you can see a pdf bill. It's okay I found it but it took ages to explain it to someone.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sc1999,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not getting on with the new layout of the App. Thanks for offering these suggestions, I'll make sure that your feedback is passed on to the team.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

I agree, it's not good. The interface/experience is rather poor on the mobile app. Text and buttons don't align but viewed on a browser is better.

As to screen refreshing, it seems like a server end issue. Each request takes too long to process.

I also had the problem of having my mobile and broadband accounts using the same email address previously but now I had to change my broadband account email address via customer service chat.

EuanWilliamson
Regular

Hi, the re-registration process is not accepting passwords which match your 12 character criteria:

EuanWilliamson
Regular

Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 11-21-12 Registration Three UK.png

Screenshot showing the error message

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Euan. 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues setting up a new password. 

I can see the error message advising about the password needing to be at least 12 characters, but I think the reason it's popping up is due to the lack of complexity in the password. 

To confirm, can you try using a different password that is more complex, and if that works, let us know so that we can feedback to the team that the error message isn't being specific about what's wrong. 

Pete.

EuanWilliamson
Regular

Hi @PeteG 

Yes, using a browser generated password worked.

Yes, the error message needs to be clearer.

Thanks.

ps. the image was only to show you I was trying the 12 chars exactly, not my real password !

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming that, Euan. I'm glad that worked. 

Indeed, I'll be sure to forward the feedback in relation to the error message. I think it would be better if it said something about the password rather than just repeating the same non specific error. 

Ah, OK. Thanks for confirming, I wasn't sure and thought it best to not show it just in case. 

Pete.