cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

159 REPLIES 159
Johnno75
Regular

Now that everyone has migrated to the new my3app - will three now concentrate on the fixes for the problems we all seem to have?

TMMmint
Fledgling

hello.

its not working for me instead when I log in it just says

Email address not registered, please check your details. If you haven't registered before, you'll need to sign up before logging in

and when I do try to register it tells me this

Please check the details you entered are correct. If you still encounter an issue, please contact us.

like I've been doing the same thing multiple times and it's quite frustrating please fix this for me

thank you.

lukefowler2023
Fledgling

if you use gmail it is possible to have alias addresses for example if your email is joesmith123456@gmail.com (not a real email address, i made it up for the demonstration) an alias would be joesmith123456+new@gmail.com, emails sent this would arrive at your main email. for an alias you type + after joesmith123456, for example +three or +new 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Agreed, however many sites will not allow email addresses with + in them to be registered for accounts. I tested this a while ago, and retested today, and I am asked to enter a valid email address or the verify email email never arrives. To see if it works with 3 someone needs to try and register 2 phone numbers this way. 3 may not allow plusses or strip them out.

The + method is great when you need to filter emails from sources with inconsistent content or for one-offs as the +??? makes creating rules easier.

PS. Further testing shows that some sites accept signing up for mail but no mail arrives and others just won't accept plusses at all.

NatThree
Fledgling

It seems impossible to get in touch - chat function does not work, call to 333 gives me only automated option. I need help, please on registering another email address for my second number. Please PM me.

NatThree
Fledgling

Hello, still no response and not possible to contact Three in any other way. I am not able to re-register on my 2nd number hence not able to see my bill which is suspiciously high. @JonathanB can you please help?

Joemc87
Fledgling

This is utterly stupid having to create separate email addresses for separate numbers. Will this be resolved soon? 

peterglock
Fledgling

Adding to the general displeasure on this. I'm attempting to manage one of our numbers which is registered with the same email as my personal line. 

The number is out of contract, but I can't sign for a new contract because of the registration "This account is in use" doom loop. Just spent 30 minutes on chat with a very nice man who couldn't get the number registered to a different email and then, icing on cake, wanted to hand me off to sales for "an exciting offer". It's going to be easier to move to another provider...

Mojothejester
Fledgling

Only just found out I need a new email address for my other three account. What a load of crap. The old way worked, why couldn't that just be carried over to the new system?

CWilkinson
Fledgling

It's both a relief and frustration to see so many others share the same issue as myself...

I made the mistake of re-registering my account after being lent a phone that's contracted to my mother. Now my email address is permanently linked to an account with my mother's details (name, address etc).

I've since acquired a new phone and contract for myself but I'm unable to register a My3 account using the email address that's on my contract, because it's linked to her's. 

After a lengthy conversation with the gentleman on the Live Chat, it turns out that even if we ended the contract on my mother's phone and deleted the account (which is what she was going to do anyway) I still will not be able to create an account using my email address. 

So in conclusion, even if you delete the account it doesn't appear to actually delete it, at least not in any significant way. My3's "System" will always remember that email address as being used and it can never be used again.

It does beg the question if there's a server or two somewhere that's just sitting, crammed full of dormant accounts and unusable email addresses because of this hindsight; if the information can't be deleted, it must be stored somewhere. 

Guess I'll have to go back to monitoring my data usage myself, since the account is unusable. That's Goodbye3!