Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to Roam this summer – Giveaway

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

*** Update 01/05/2024 ***

Thanks for taking part everyone, this prize draw is now closed, so new comments won't be entered to the giveaway, but we're happy to receive any more feedback about this topic in the replies.

Keep an eye out for a PM from us, we'll be contacting the winners by the 03/05/2024. If you receive a message to confirm you've won, please make sure to reply to this in order to accept your prize. We'll announce all the winning usernames here in the next few days.

Are you ready to Roam? 

Make the most of using your phone abroad with our Ready to Roam giveaway. 

We’re excited to give you the chance to win 1 of 10 7-day Go Roam passes to unlock your Three UK allowances in any Go Roam in Europe or Around the World destinations.  

To enter, comment on the thread below before 09.00 on 1 May 2024 to let us know how easy you find getting your device ready for roaming abroad is with Three. 

10 winners will be randomly selected on 2 May 2024 from all eligible entries. We’ll drop the winners a private message between 2 and 3 May 2024. Once all winners have accepted their prize, we’ll update this post with their usernames.  

If you don’t want to enter this prize draw, please do not comment on this thread.  View full terms and conditions.  

For more information on using a Go Roam pass and how to get roaming ready, head to our roaming support page.

46 REPLIES 46
IzzyBeddoes
Fledgling

Daughter currently on day one of a Med Cruise. She's in Spain unable to get any roaming. Italy next.   Tried logging into account to recieve a code. Code doesn't work! Your system keeps showing 'Sorry we're having technical issues right now'  Everyone at their wits end and stressed. Not a great start to a special holiday! Thanks 3

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IzzyBeddoes,

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is having a difficult time getting connected in Spain. If the issue is specifically affecting data, she should check that data roaming is switched on in her phone settings.

If she's getting no service at all, it's worth checking manual network or carrier selection in her settings, and testing any other networks which are available.

There's more help on our Roaming settings guide and our Device guides, if you're still finding any difficulties with this, all the ways to get in touch are on our contact us page.

Thanks,
Jonathan

GaryA
Fledgling

It certainly is confusing, little information on the website for this.

For example - do I wait until I get to the USA - do I get a text? Do I have to go to my account when in the USA and add an add on? How do I do this without data? Can I pre-purchase this?

It is just so darn confusing and no instructions on how to use - really Three - try harder.

MZone
Key player

If you took a pay monthly plan after 1 Oct 21 then it’s £5 a day to use go roam around the world which USA is part of. (If you have a certain type of three your way plan you may have some daily roaming included in your tariff). The £5 a day will be automatically added to your bill if you use any of your allowance whilst in the USA. If you want to save money you can buy a go roam around the world pass. You can buy this in advance and it sits in your account and only activates once you use any of your allowance in a go roam around the world destination. Hope that helps you. 

mandyClair
Fledgling

I love three on my travels, very clear and easy to set up. Would love to win this for my holiday 😀

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey everyone,

Happy to confirm our the winners have been drawn and I've sent a PM to each of their community accounts. If you're one of our lucky winners, you just need to send me a PM in reply before 1700 on 3 May 2024, to confirm you're happy for us to apply the roaming passes to your Three account, 

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Congratulations to @GaryA@Hazey3, and @MZone who all got back in touch to accept their prize of a 7 day Go Roam pass each!

We don't want the remaining passes to go to waste, so we've drawn a further 7 winners. Keep an eye out for a PM from me today, and if you've won this 2nd draw, please get back to me by 1700 on the 9 May 2024 so we can arrange the passes to be added.

Thanks,
Jonathan