Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.0009MB Roaming Charges - ask what your credit limit amount it set to!

jkasab
Fledgling

***Advice for customers being wrongfully charged for data roaming! - Ask what your credit limit is set to - mine was £150!***

Three is 100% deceiving customers, avoiding questions and failing to admit liability. I have had ongoing issues since February with wrongful data roaming charges - despite having my spent cap set to £0, mobile data and roaming disabled and each individual app turned off in mobile data settings (IPhone 13). On all occasions I have either turned my phone off and on or it it has died and when recharged I received a daily roaming charge text.  In some instances, I have incurred these charges at 2am or later when I have been asleep! These times have appeared on my bill as 0.0009MB which I am sure isn't even enough to access an app or the internet?!

I have escalated this numerous times on Three live chat, asking if there is anything else I or they can do to prevent this charges, each time I have been assured there is nothing to do/I can do & will not be charged, or the response was "I completely understand". 

I wasn't until late March that I was informed my credit limit was to set to £150 (now £1 as the minimum limit), not visible from what I can see in the App. Very deceiving from Three, with the occasional credit of £2 or £5 credited hours into the chat, it does not come close to what I have been wrongfully charged. It takes hours of communicating to be told this credit is in "goodwill' or 'just for you, a loyal Three customer'. They say they cannot do this more than once - despite this being a justified refund for incorrect charges!
It's worth mentioning I accepted the offer to have my international data roaming turned off via Three themselves, in this time I had no network service at all for 7 days - preventing incoming calls and texts. The above credit limit (as mentioned above) was then disclosed. International Data roaming was then reactivated as the only way to access network services, allegedly. 

I've since looked into early termination of my contract - of course that wouldn't be simple. I have been given three different amounts for my early termination fee, differs via email, text & live chat.

If anyone has any advice on how to raise this further r.e. discounted or waived termination fee? Or any compensation? It's a last resort on my behalf to HAVE to terminate my contract early due to Three's inability to provide the service I am paying for, despite attempts to resolve on my behalf.

Best of luck everyone!

10 REPLIES 10
Paddiewack
Superstar

Just getting my breath back from reading your post. Points to note; 1) Three do not deceive,they mess up or tech failures happen but they’re not going to knowingly break the law which is what deception would be. 2) As you mention the word “bill” by implication you’re a contract customer so why only use live chat? Surely it’s better to talk to someone to try to resolve your issues;you make no mention of doing that. 3) There is a complaints form on the Three homepage that I would be completing if it were me and not venting my spleen on here. 4) Aside of the lack of service you mention apparently caused by international roaming being turned off ( something which is totally unrelated to the problem and absolutely not the causation) you don’t mention any other day to day issues. 
In short (ish) I’d complete the aforementioned complaint form and also call customer service on 333 and if you want to leave,which I think it’s what this is all mainly about,I’m sure something can be arranged. 

jkasab
Fledgling

1) Surely when repeatedly questioning whether there was anything Three could do to prevent me incurring additional charges outside my contract, they would have mentioned the credit limit? I did question this numerous times and was told there is nothing - this was not disclosed - they gave me a mistaken impression, I believe that was deceiving from the customer service team. 
2) I have been traveling abroad - did not want to pay extra outside of my contract I.e paying for Go Roam, so calling wasn’t an option. Live chat should be sufficient enough to resolve an issue.

3) I have complained. In one instance I received an email to say my complaint has been escalated and one minute later, the case was closed. 
4) that all occurred on Three’s side and that was what I was informed. It was on two occasion I had lack of service totalling a different number of days. Unsure why I would need to mention day to day. Considering I could only use my phone for wifi during those days - there isn’t much to report?

I will try the 333 number, thank you!

Paddiewack
Superstar

Don’t get me wrong I DO know that dealing with customer service can at times be hard work. 
I wish you well. 

atommyk
Active

Any luck with the escalation of your complaint?

Paddiewack
Superstar

I suspect this customer has either left Three or is in the process of leaving as I’m sure that was the original intention. Whether said customer is right or wrong to feel that way is of negligible inference to my comments.

atommyk
Active

Not sure how inference fits into this sentence but I am grateful for their post as I can relate to their frustration and it documents that this is not an isolated incident but a technical issue on Three's side. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

Good luck 🤞 in sorting out your issue. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

Inference! An idea drawn from evidence or REASONING. In other words an educated guess which has yet to be disproved. Your gratitude towards them is laudable.

Ah look somebody who can use the dictionary but not translate it