cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 phone calls

Constantin2
Fledgling

Hi, my brother can't receive phone calls from 0800 numbers as he's abroad. Before he left abroad for holidays he chat with someone from Three and he's been told that he need to pay for add on or something like this( he s on a contract not paying sim). He did it but he s still not able to receive phone calls from 0800. It is very important for him to receive these phone calls from 0800 numbers as they are appointments for UC or for his wife pregnancy. How can he sort this ?

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Maestro

It should be free to receive calls. Is he able to receive calls from other numbers? Also I hope he has told UC he is abroad. 

Constantin2
Fledgling

Yes, he's able as I called him using my mobile phone number and also a landline with 015. Yes he told them he is abroad.

MZone
Maestro

I’m not aware of any issues with 0800 numbers calling you whilst abroad. Are you 100% that UC have tried to call him? Are they calling the right number? Maybe they are hanging up when they hear a foreign dial tone? Is he getting a missed call?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Yeah this is really odd, there's no difference in charging/billing for the person on the UK end to dial another UK number which is roaming. Sorry for any confusion regarding add ons @Constantin2, there's nothing extra which would need to be added to the plan, unless we're talking about adding Roaming passes so that he can use his UK allowances abroad. These aren't actually necessary for receiving calls though.

As @MZone says is there any missed call notification? Has he checked for blocked calls, or call screening settings in case the call is being stopped by his phone settings?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.