cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Switch off dates 2024

robertm1988
Active

I notice on the coverage checker that it now tells your the date the 3G mast in the area will be switched off. Is it possible for three to have a page with a list of towns and cities and the date affect or would that not be accurate if only ab certain mast is switched off that day in one area of town. I'm curious to know what the first town is going to be as we're now in April. Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey Robert,

Thanks for this feedback, we don't have a page like this at the moment, as you say work is being done mast by mast, so it's more accurate to check this by postcode location.

Here's more info and FAQs about our plans to switch off 3G

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

robertm1988
Active

Thank you for responding, as we are now well into April, have any masts been switched off yet. So far on random post codes I've found Derby on April 17th. Most of us still need confirmation that 4G signals would be boosted on the same day as 3G switch off. There are still multiple places that only have H+, whilst they are rural and low populated areas, 4G needs to be promised to these areas. Also more 5G roll out in the remaining smaller towns. Couple of weeks until my area switches off and all we need is that reassurance that there will be 4G minimum in these areas.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @robertm1988,

We're starting the switch off of 3G masts tomorrow, but this will be taking place over the course of 2024. We're taking time and care to minimise any disruption. As mentioned on the link @KateS shared, this will free up 4G capacity and we're upgrading 4G coverage at the same time, so that decommissioning 3G doesn't reduce our coverage.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.